Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the result of my project of trying to replace the headlight on my 2002 Sport. I actually had the lights mounted and rode around with them for a while. I hit the wall when it came to filling in the recess area around the lights. My fabrication skills aren't the best and I didn't want to mess up the stock fairing.

My plan was to buy a rashed upper or a race upper and use that, but I've sold the bike and now I have no use for this assembly.

I would consider this assembly to be a prototype. Everything was done using hand tools and it looks like it (see pics). I am not intending anyone to think this is a commercially viable product. The plate and stiffening rods are aluminum and the rods are held on with JB Weld. I had intended to use this prototype as a basis for a more prosessional mounting plate when the time came, but like I said above I sold the bike and have no use for this any longer.

Here's what you get: the Hella 90mm low beam (dipped) H9 projector light unit,l the Hella 90mm H9 high beam (main) light unit, the wiring kit for each light unit and a hard to find H4 adapter plug that allows you to plug this straight into the stock wiring harness.

In order for the lights to clear the headlight faring bracket, I had to cut one mounting ear off of each unit. The lights are supposed to be mounted by three tabs only so the missing one doesn't create a problem.

I'm asking $85 for the setup. That's less than what you'd pay for both lights.

Here are some pics:

Here's a pic of what they looked like on the bike:

-Bob

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Hella 90mm low and high beam lights (roadrunner2u)

I've got the same Hella 90mm units on my ST4 and you're gonna LOVE them at night. Several years ago I paid $450 for what you see here (including wiring/relays).

http://www.ducatidesigns.com/

You got a good deal and you'll love the light!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Hella 90mm low and high beam lights (DanST4)

Yes, the light output is amazing. And, they are DOT legal. If I would have kept the Sport, I would have them on the bike. But, I must emphatically state that what I have, or rather sold, is nowhere near the quality of the Ducati Designs headlight conversion.

Now that I have an ST4s this, and whatever proceeds I can get from selling miscellaneous stuff, will go towards the DD headlights.

-Bob

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Hella 90mm low and high beam lights (ryanr256)

received the lights today are amazing. have to adjust them tonight but totally change the look of the ss. thanx again

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Hella 90mm low and high beam lights (roadrunner2u)

Cool. Glad they'll work for you.

-Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts