Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered gloves... one month later and still "no idea" when they'll ship. "We're busy".

Defective boots... two months later and still "no idea" when the replacement will ship. "Coming out of Germany and we have no idea when they'll make them".

Have a nice day.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Helimot is clueless (BlackHawk)

Does suck. You an always try Motomarket in Acton, MA. They usually have a great supply of Held gloves. You are better off calling since they are not the fastest e-mailers. http://www.motomkt.com

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Helimot is clueless (oneducs)

Yes I can cancel the glove order since I wanted them for my vacation and they won't be here in time. Nothing like a good pair of gloves but waiting months and then having questionable customer service doesn't sit well with me.

As far as the defective boots; I went ahead and bought a pair of Oxtar TCS Evo Ti boots from New Enough Leather and they fit great and were reasonably priced with a speedy 5 day delivery! Great business people and they'll get more of my money.

I don't know if Helimot will actually follow through on the boot warranty, but if they do that would be great. $500 for boots is too much if they fail in the middle of the 2nd season of just light touring use. And the same boot now has a design change that addressed the failed area on my boot. That hurts, and they were $500.

If good things develop I'll post back. The Daytona boots will probably sit in the back of my closet for the next few years until I have the courage to pitch them. I suppose I could take them apart and try a repair, or maybe have the local shoe man hack on them... but the Oxtar's are really nice and half the price so they're my new primary boot.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Helimot is clueless (DanST4)

Dan, which Daytonas? I have a pair and they have been nothing but great. Sorry to hear about yours.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Helimot is clueless (Nick D.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nick D. »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dan, which Daytonas? I have a pair and they have been nothing but great. Sorry to hear about yours.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The Evo Sport model. The hard plastic on the inner boot cracked all the way through on one side. On the new model that same hard plastic panel is now ribbed in the very area where mine cracked. Helimot even admitted on the phone that they've "gotten quite a few back".

Who knows, maybe they'll come through for me. I hope so.

Here's a photo of the "New Model" with the ribs, and the location of the crack on my "old" model $500 boots in their second season.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats's really suck!!! I thought Helimot are supposed to be one of the best. I guess we all have our flaws.

I would ask for refund.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: (team-red)

Helmut and the guys at Helimot are great folks and motorcycle enthusiasts. If any of you guys are local, I'd recommend you stop by his shop before forming negative opinions about his business. For those that do spend the time to actually visit his shop and talk to him, I think you'd have a much different opinion.

Mike

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: (mike996r)

I would be much more willing to do bussiness with them, if they would update their styles a bit.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mike, just because someone is an enthusiast and a nice guy, doesn't mean he's a good businessman. This thread isn't about how nice Helmut is or what an enthusiast is, but how poor his customer service was this time. Maybe this is an isolated instance, but I see nothing wrong with sharing of information, be it good or bad.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

After reading the "helmet" expose in June Motorcylist, I'm done buying high-dollar gear. You don't necessarily get what you pay for buying names like Arai. Z1R and pepboys outsurvives the biggies. I'm also not happy with my Sidi boots either. I'm liking the Joe Rocket stuff the most, these days....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: (erik996)

My point is that not every transaction will always go as expected. All business, no matter how good, fail to live up to certain expectations at one time or another. But to generalize and state that "Helimot is clueless" seems to be a harsh and unfounded statement.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike996r »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...to generalize and state that "Helimot is clueless" seems to be a harsh and unfounded statement.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I meant clueless when it came to expected delivery of my order. This is about my one experience, that's it. When I called a few weeks ago they said the gloves would be shipped "this Friday or next Monday". Here it is 2 weeks later and now they say that the gloves haven't even been started because "there's been a few races and we're busy".

When I ask again when my order will ship, the response is "we're busy, I don't know". That's clueless to me.

As far as the defective boots, they tell me Germany doesn't know when they'll make the replacement inner boots. Then 2 weeks later it's the same story. Then they say they're "on the phone with Germany right now". Then a week later and "Germany can't tell us when they'll even start on the replacement boots". And finally they say "well did you send the defective boot to us?" That's the first I've heard of that requirement. The deal was that they ship me the replacement inners and I ship them the defective ones. That way I'm not out a pair of riding boots for half the summer. I even said they could charge me for the replacement inners and credit me when they got the defective ones and had a look.

So now we've changed the rules and I have to wonder if anything has even been started.

I bought the Oxtar boots so all this is history...

It can be very frustrating, that's all.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: (DanST4)

I don't know, if the plastic inner boot broke by just wearing it, how much crash protection could you expect to get from it anyway? What happens to it when it gets an impact.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DanST4 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I bought the Oxtar boots so all this is history...

It can be very frustrating, that's all. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I hear you. I'm sure we've all had quite a few of those. Hope you have the patience to wait for the gloves though. I tried on a pair when ordering my suit and it was so nice. The first pair I tried on was brand new and obviously not broken in. The second pair I tried on was broken in and it felt like butter. The most comfortable gloves I've tried on.

Mike

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike996r »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I hear you. I'm sure we've all had quite a few of those. Hope you have the patience to wait for the gloves though. I tried on a pair when ordering my suit and it was so nice. The first pair I tried on was brand new and obviously not broken in. The second pair I tried on was broken in and it felt like butter. The most comfortable gloves I've tried on.

Mike</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea I'm gonna sit tight on the glove order. I have others I can wear this year. My hands are BIG and even XXXL is a tight fit. Nothing like a good pair of gloves that actually fit.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

I have a friend who ordered a pair of the buffalo 365 gloves, at the shop, and it took 6 months to get them. He'd actually forgotten about them when they showed up. Keep in mind that Helimot is small shop. Everything is made by hand so it takes time. I waited 6 months for a suit, but believe me it was well worth the wait. There only 4-5 people who actually work on the gloves and suits. Summer is their busiest time so I'd cut Helmut a little slack with regards to the gloves. The boots however I see no excuses. Daytona boots should not have cracked. You should get your money back or brand new boots.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: (DocHolliday)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DocHolliday »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...Keep in mind that Helimot is small shop. Everything is made by hand so it takes time. I waited 6 months for a suit, but believe me it was well worth the wait. There only 4-5 people who actually work on the gloves and suits. Summer is their busiest time so I'd cut Helmut a little slack with regards to the gloves. The boots however I see no excuses. Daytona boots should not have cracked. You should get your money back or brand new boots.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't expect new outer boots; they're on their second season and there's nothing wrong with the outer boots. But new inner boots, the new design with the ribs to reduce the likelihood of the cracking I experienced would be nice. I shipped the boots to them via UPS this morning so they can hold them in their hands and see what happened. I'll post back if there's good news.

Being a small shop is probably part of the problem.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts