Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did a search didn't find anything helpful... just wanted to see if anyone had bars on their rc? does it make it much more comfortable? what company is the best manufacturer?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: heli bars? (siCks)

I have the Heli's and yes it is more comfortable but if you install bars were they can go lock to lock (left to right without hitting the tank) you will extend your reach the bars go up but they move forward if installed lock to lock, which can extend your arms to lock position (not good) I moved mine in until I was comfortable now I have to be careful because the controls will hit the tank now when doing slow maneuvering. (pushing bike around in the shop however, I can maneuver parking lots just fine)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: heli bars? (siCks)

I just bought a set of 2002-2003 954 handlebars that should accomplish the same function as the heli bars, only for a lot less $. Got a new set for $141 including shipping. If I put them on this weekend I'll post some pics.

The 954 bars will give me lift but no set back, and without any setback I know I'll have some clearance issues between the fairing and the clutch and brake reservours. This shouldn't be any big deal and I'm betting that I can modify/adjust things to make it work.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: heli bars? (tsquare)

Like I just said in another bars thread...
http://www.spieglerusa.com/cfm/sbk.cfm
Heli bars are limited by the bulge in the fuel tank and the fairing and the fluid reservoirs. It's tight in there.
Another thing to think about...
You can't use a rotary type of steering stabilizer with the Spiegler bar.
Maybe you could weld up your own clip-ons that extend up to the point of the Spiegler grips. That would leave room for a nice gold Scotts stabilizer too. Grab your checkbook.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
any other input? i just want to get a lot more comfort.. i'm actually thinkin of letting go of the rc.... but if i can get it more comfortable that would be good.... will the heli bars or the speilger increase comfort a whole lot?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (siCks)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by siCks »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">any other input? i just want to get a lot more comfort.. i'm actually thinkin of letting go of the rc.... but if i can get it more comfortable that would be good.... will the heli bars or the speilger increase comfort a whole lot? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Iam happy as hell with mine you just need to adjust to your liking, add a corbin or a good seat pad (dennis kirk has a new one that looks like it would fit) also you can get adjustable foot pegs (not rearsets) from LHP that will lower the pegs approx 1" if you are on the plus side of 200 lose a few lbs, bycicle shorts with padding in the azz, (dennis kirk has them with gel inserts $95 smakers!) wear proper riding gear(which you may do) you will fit the bike better, however its a motorcycle after a few hours in the saddle you may get a little cramped.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The heli's are just ok. I'm able to get 5-600 miles a day with them ,a sargent seat, and bicycle shorts. Was I compfy? HELLL NO. If you want way more comfort, buy a vtr1000 or a vfr. The Spieglers are ugly as hell. the heli's a just a little better, and the sargent is debateably more comfortable. Dont try and make the bike what its not. My 2 cents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts