Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's been a long time, but I thought I'd share a few quick pics.

Still here in HELL (AKA: TEXAS). Not riding as much as I used to (cause flat and straight sucks!), but have lots of time for projects. I recently picked up another hearse (after 2 years with out one), to haul parts while I finish my 1951 Buick project. Since I had some tools and fiberglass on hand, I decided to rebuild some old body parts (for the bike you sicko's). :)

Here are some picks of the carbon fiber fairings I had busted up while living in CO in 2003, and the repaired fairings with low gloss black painted parts.

(Pay no mind to the poor fitting snorkle mouth, I hadn't put the last fittings in place yet)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow that looks super nice. can you give some specs on the light you used and how you mounted it? and if you would send me some pics of how the light is mounted to the back side? please. [email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh i get it you used the stock headlight. did you just mold the seems and paint over it? that looks nice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Hearse Again... (mrgrn)

Jeff, how ya been? ANd yeah..doesn't look right without the saddle bags

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrgrn »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nice bike

what pipes are those?</TD></TR></TABLE> should be Erion Mark.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Hearse Again... (mrgrn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrgrn »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nice bike

what pipes are those?</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 3stripes »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...should be Erion. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Nope, those are D&Ds.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hearseboy »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...Still here in HELL (AKA: TEXAS).</TD></TR></TABLE>

Always nice to hear people w/ their kind words.

If you don't like it here, then get the f#%k out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Hearse Again... (hearseboy)

Is that the bump pad that used to be sold on the Rouge site? Or is it a different one?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Hearse Again... (RCtexan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RCtexan »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">TEXAS is hell? I would love to see your heaven.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Never been to Heaven, but COLORADO was preety close. Texas is mostly Hot as Hell, but the labor laws here suck ass too (been laid of 3 TIMES in 1 year, each with a lousy reason). But I have met some great people here, and there are some beautiful sights to see.

*what pipes are those?:
They are D&D's. Some one stole my old pipes in the middle of the night. So a friend from D&D let me go through the "damaged" rack, and hooked me up with some down pipes cheap. (The funny thing is; my muzzy's were so blown out, that the D&D's are actually quiet in comparason).

*Fairings:
The mounting points of the left headlight were broken from the original crash, so I molded it in with fiberglass (After masking the circle for the light, I sprayed some paint over it to keep the resin from soaking into it), as well as filling the other side and reinforcing the whole thing. After that a little bondo, some filler primer, lots of sanding, and low gloss black paint. I ony painted the upper portion. look closely and you can see where I left the carbon exposed.

*Bump Pad:
I came accross that one at PerformanceCycle in Denver CO. It just happened to be the perfect shape!

*SaddleBags:
Sorry guys, I only borrowed them for the 3000 mile road trip... but I have developed an excellent "SpareTire" since.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hearse....

I still have the tires you called about. Give me a call and you can come and get em.

I have to agree with you on Colorado being pretty close to heaven, except for the fact that while I was in Denver last week it was 105 degrees there on the 20th. Yes, that is 105 in Denver....hottest day in the past 120 years!!!!! What a beating! Never the less, put over 1200 miles on in just over 3 days.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Hearse Again... (hearseboy)

Just FYI, for those that might be interested:

Here is a couple pics of smoe other projects I've got going right now.

(My 1951 buick is completely cut apart right now getting channelled, dropped, bagged, and eventually chopped! All ready shaved and lowered in the pics, but that wasn't nearly enough. A nicely modified V8 and auto trans, will finish off the deal soon.)

(I made this bike from Cruiser and lowrider parts, with an old-skool look and pin striping by local HotRod builder Brian Bass)

Enjoy-

Thanks for lookin!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great looking Buick. I see you have a thing for red rims like me.

That Buick will look spankin' once you chop it a bit. Gotta post some pics once finished.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts