Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bell Star Helmets | Bell Star Helmet | Bell Helmets from SportbikeTrackGear.com

Shoei Helmets-X-Eleven Closeout Sale from SportbikeTrackGear.com

I just picked up the Bell Star Special Edition RSD C-Note for $200!
Earlier this year it was a $700 helmet!

The other colors and models are on sale too. A caution though, the Bells using the Snell 2005 Certification run LARGE so if you're coming from an Arai, Shoei, Suomy, AGV, etc. etc. you want to go one size down from where you usually buy.

For instance, I usually wear a Medium headshell but in the Bell line I need a Small.

Here it is in comparison to my Shark RSR and Suomy Spec-1R

It reminds me a bit of Master Chief from HALO. :D All I need is a gold iridium tinted visor.

Even the packaging and the helmet bag, (on this model only) an Ogio with thick fleece lining and heavy canvas made to simulate a bank money bag, is pretty gorgeous. This one is staying in the permanent collection just as talking point when its useable life is done.

·
Registered
149 Posts
so i rock a rsr2 lg that fits perfect, and a icon lg. is a close second, do i need a lg in this or med, the shark took a few miles to loosen up though.

·
Banned
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so i rock a rsr2 lg that fits perfect, and a icon lg. is a close second, do i need a lg in this or med, the shark took a few miles to loosen up though.
Depends on which Snell Certification. Bell changed from Snell 2005 to Snell 2010 at the end of 2009, so check the spec sheet on the helmet you select.
The site will list which Snell it's using.

If Snell 2005, drop a size from your normal size.

If Snell 2010, keep the same size you normally use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts