Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna add a switch to my headlight to be able to turn it on or off to help conserver energy on start ups.

Would I just add the switch to the ground on the headlight or should I add it the the positive?

This is just going to be a simple toggle switch.

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
either way will work. some would argue that the ground side is correct, some the opposite. it's just a head light though not rocket science so take your pick and let it eat.
That's kinda what I figured, but I had to double check.

Thank You

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
FYI and FWIW Doughnut Spaghetti,...

WE don't need NO Stinking Switches for this! ;)

I just reach up behind my Low beam headlight and disconnect before starting, then after she's running, I reinstall headlight connection... LMAO... it's TRUE I Tell ja it's True!:D

Peace Jeff

·
Registered
204 Posts
Are you having battery issues or something that you need to do this? I guess I never think about having more energy for startup of the bike, so I'm not sure why someone would do this?

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FYI and FWIW Doughnut Spaghetti,...

WE don't need NO Stinking Switches for this! ;)

I just reach up behind my Low beam headlight and disconnect before starting, then after she's running, I reinstall headlight connection... LMAO... it's TRUE I Tell ja it's True!:D

Peace Jeff
Hahaha! Yeah, your right on that man.

I figured since I had the body work off the bike, it may be time to add a little switch to make life just a little easier.

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you having battery issues or something that you need to do this? I guess I never think about having more energy for startup of the bike, so I'm not sure why someone would do this?
I run an eight cell a123 battery. I've had zero issues, so this is just a preemptive strike to keep things that way. ;)

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh, so this may be more for people lightening the bike and putting in smaller batteries?
Yeah, all your battery does really is start the bike, but after that it's your alternator doing most of the work.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
am i on crack or does your start button not have a headlight defeat in it?

i'm pretty sure when you hit start your headlight shuts itself off automatically.

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
am i on crack or does your start button not have a headlight defeat in it?

i'm pretty sure when you hit start your headlight shuts itself off automatically.
Nope, I'm the one on crack because for some reason I never noticed this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts