Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headlight install question

Hey everyone,

I just got a quick question? Can I or is it possible to just hook up one headlight and when I turn the bike key switch on, instead of the regular light beam being on, can I wire it to where the high beams automatically come on instead of the regular running one. I just wanna run one headlight and I will cover the right side with a head light cover from KYA racing. Thank you guys and take care.

--703RC51--

Modified by 703RC51 at 11:07 AM 7/6/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Headlight install question (703RC51)

is there a reason you would not just leave it on high beams all of the time? since we're on the subject would i overload my circuts if I installed 2 high beams

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Electrically speaking there is no difference between high and low beam on the RC. The RC has screws behind each headlight that will allow you to change the direction of the light.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Headlight install question (pitbull)

you can run one light, but you have to make a dual filiment bulb fit in the socket.
the wiring would be as sinple as taking the highbeam wires and adding them to the new 3 prong plug you'll need.

pitbull, the "highbeam" effect from the right light is due to the reflector and it's angle, not the bulb itself. i could be wrong...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Headlight install question (703RC51)

Bit confusing question. If you are going to install the KYA covers for the right? then why not just leave it unplug?? I'm a bit lost on this one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will leave the right one unplug, but Greg at KYA said I can wire the high beam light to where it can light up instead of the regular lights because I only have one headlight and I have no control switch on the left side....So I was just gonna cover up the right with a KYA racing headlight cover.......What do you think???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (703RC51)

I still am lost to the direction you are going with this. IF you have Greg's cover? Just run regular low beams and you are done, NO? WHy take out the highbeam but want it back?
It'll look smooth with a number plate on the right side. I've seen it done before but I ride too much at night so NO can do for me

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
3 Stripes your're right, I plugged the Hyper White light bulb and that was it... No need to use high beam or re-rire crap... So i am just waiting in Greg's headlight cover... Thanks and take care...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't ride at night and when I had my fairing off to add flushmounts It totally surprised me how friggin heavy the lights are,I did a search and did not find any a/m lightweight parts. Does anyone make any?? I can't stop thinking what a great place to lose lbs. also cops Don't look for D.O.T. markings so a ray o vac/foil set-up with plexyglass would shave 2-3 lbs. any info is appriciated thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you just want the bright headlight (rightside to burn) on, why not just pull the connector for the low beam light and leave the high beam hooked up. That way, when you have your switch on low, you have no lights and when you put switch on hi, you have one light. That should work (maybe not).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FryDaddy,
Is that possible?? Just to pull the connector of the low beam and just plug the bulb to the high beam??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You people are making this more difficult than it is. Electrically speaking there is no difference between high(right) and low(left) beam on the RC. You can exchanged them anyway you want.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (andres)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by andres »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You people are making this more difficult than it is. Electrically speaking there is no difference between high(right) and low(left) beam on the RC. You can exchanged them anyway you want.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
It's our nature

wingnutt said:
I can't stop thinking what a great place to lose lbs.
very true...I just got a sharkskin with small round headlights on it but don't know what they are like in the dark ..as far as weight? I'll compare later.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (3stripes)

What is the brightest after market replacement light you can get for the RC51?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

It should work. Never really tried it though. When I remove my lights, I disconnect both. It just seems logical that if you remove the low beam wire from the back and leave the hi beam connected it would work.

I could be wrong though, I know chevy trucks with daytime running lights (drl) if the drl sensor is removed, one of the hi beam lights will not work. So this may be the same case for the RC. Just put the RC bright lights on and pull the left headlight connector, if the right stays on, problem solved.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts