Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here know if there is an available on/off switch for the RC51?

I'm hoping some of the Euro and Asia-based folks can shed some light.

Thanks in advance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Headlight On/Off Switch (BC51)

if you are looking for a passing light, just press the starter button while the bike is running.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Headlight On/Off Switch (Naya the Dingo)

Thanks for that. Good thought.

Actually want to turn light off completely as we don't have a law in my province stating we must have lights on during the day.

Trying to make a less obvious target size for the laser radar folks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you could just reach your hand in there and unplug it. and your riding an RC, they'll hear you before they see you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BC51 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks for that. Good thought.

Actually want to turn light off completely as we don't have a law in my province stating we must have lights on during the day.

Trying to make a less obvious target size for the laser radar folks!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't you want to be seen? Not sure what traffic is like in your area but they stay on for a reason.........like your safety.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BC51 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Trying to make a less obvious target size for the laser radar folks!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm no expert, but from my understanding having the headlight on actually makes it harder for them to get a laser fix on you. Motorcycles are already difficult to target with them due to their size, but the headlights put out a lot of white light that causes interference.

Also on that note, I've done some experiments with those radar trailers that tell you your speed and I've found that laying on my tank and reducing my profile was enough to prevent the radar trailer from getting a fix on me. While sitting up it was able to accurately tell my speed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Headlight On/Off Switch (Walking home)

Just put a toggle switch in-line with one of the wires.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Headlight On/Off Switch (Walking home)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Walking home »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm no expert, but from my understanding having the headlight on actually makes it harder for them to get a laser fix on you. Motorcycles are already difficult to target with them due to their size, but the headlights put out a lot of white light that causes interference.

Also on that note, I've done some experiments with those radar trailers that tell you your speed and I've found that laying on my tank and reducing my profile was enough to prevent the radar trailer from getting a fix on me. While sitting up it was able to accurately tell my speed.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Also the way the light defuisser or refractors help to disperse the lazer I am told. I wouldn't turn off my light because the benefit out weight the negative with my life being more important

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Headlight On/Off Switch (Rneld)

Rneld said:
Just put a toggle switch in-line with one of the wires.

Yes, I'd thought about that but back before I "saw the light" and owned a Ducati (horrors!!!!) I replaced the light switch housing with a Euro version that had the on/off function. Nice clean install.

Thanks for the input, guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts