Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding the bike last week and I noticed that my dash had cut out. There was nothing at all displayed on it, no speedo, temp etc. As I was looking at it the thing came back on.

I just took the bike out again and noticed that the headlight no longer works. I stopped and gave it a sympathatic bash but it didnt come back on. Main beam is fine. So I set off and noticed the dash is cutting out again.

Anyone had this before? Is my bike more intelligent than I think and is it just telling me my headlight bulb is gone? Is the bulb gone or do I need to look at other obvious stuff first?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Headlight/Dash problems - Help! (robmbridge)

First you should look at your battery connection and make sure they are tight. Then check your fuses on the left side fairings and also check the connection behind the gauge cluster as well...and NO I have not experience this yet. Good luck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Headlight/Dash problems - Help! (3stripes)

Hi, thanks for the response. Turns out the bulb has blown so thats one problem fixed! Only the dash cutting out to be sorted now. Cheers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Headlight/Dash problems - Help! (robmbridge)

The connection may be loose into the back of the display. You have to take the upper cowl of to get at it. While you are in there check the two big connections on the left side (the ones you have to dig out of the upper to remove it).
Did you check your battery connections (you should)? You should also tighten all those hose clamps while things are apart.
Hoov.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts