Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, who is definitely in for a track day at Midstate Kart Club on Apr. 15th? A buddy of mine and I are in for sure as long as we get a few others to go. Let's finalize the plans so we can request off of work.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Head count: Midstate Kart Club Friday April 15th (backdrifter)

I'm in for the 15th.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Head count: Midstate Kart Club Friday April 15th (banda)

Sounds good, just enough people to make it interesting, but not too many for me to get in the way of...

Does anyone want to meet in Belleville or O'Fallon before the drive? And what time? If you can stay there as long as you want, I'd like to get there early and ride all day.

What do you think?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i may have something do do with my wife in the evening. so i'll head over early and start cutting some laps once the track warms up. i hope to do a lot of laps. let's hope the weather is good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does the track open at a certain time? I wouldn't mine being there by 8 or 9 AM, if possible.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (backdrifter)

put the 17's back on tonight....should be there on Friday.
I'll miss the dirt section though...
Nick, Banda, when are you headin up north?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (stlwalnut)

Put me back on the "maybe" list....

My shop is not having luck lacing up my new rims. They cannot get the offset correct. Does anyone know of a local shop that is good to lace up supermoto rims?

They are not open today, and they will call their Excel guy and give it a shot again on Tuesday. Who knows how long this could take! I'll keep you posted.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what are they gauging the offset on? my supermoto wheels are offset against everything i believe in. but i think that's so the chain won't rub on rim/tire. do they have your bike as well? the offset is something you can always change. throw them on and ride it if they don't rub. i'm afraid to do the string test as i highly doubt my wheels are perfectly inline. i don't think it matters as much on a supermoto bike as opposed to a road racer. but it still bugs... i would definately take your bike in. i guess you'd have to drag it since it has no wheels. it sucks, but i'd mount a tire on the rear if they're in doubt. i hope they're charging you by the wheel and not the hour. ouch!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (Nick Novice)

Also put me on the maybe list... I have to go out of town during the week. Perhaps magic elves will prep my bike for me, but if the magic elves don't come through,...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK guys,

I would love to just throw them on and ride, but I'm talking a BIG difference. When I picked them up, the rear sprocket was easily 3/4" further in than the tire, there is no way you could've gotten a chain to it. I took the front one home, because it looked OK. It turns out it wasn't, the spokes were hitting the brake caliper, no matter what I did to avoid it. East Coast Wheels even called the shop and gave them the necessary offsets: 4mm in the rear, -1mm in the front. They still couldn't get it to work. ECW's says it can definitely be done with my stock spokes and hubs.

Chriscap, my bike is a 2004 KTM 625 SMC. I'm using my stock hubs/spokes, I just switched from the stock Behr rims to Excel rims, same sizes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
why can't they just fix it? as long as the spoke lenghts aren't too long/short they can manipulate the dish. what a mess. i feel your pain. without the caliper on, how does the front wheel look? is it centered within the legs? i'm just curious.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, everything looks OK just by eyeing it. I don't know why they can't do it. They even left the spokes in the hubs, so all they had to do was lace them to the new rims. Plus, if anything, the dishes in the Excels are deeper than they were on the Behrs, therefore giving more room to play around with. I have no idea why they can't do it. Hopefully they'll figure it out. ECW was really cool and offered to lace them up for free (I would pay for shipping only) if my shop can't do it, but I'd much rather take them somewhere local then ship them off again. On the plus side, they looked fantastic, and once this whole ordeal is over it will have been worth it (in my opinion). Oh, and the Excels definitely felt lighter than the Behrs. I'll confirm when they're finally on and I can get a total bike weight.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (backdrifter)

Forgive my ignorance, and I may be 100% wrong, but if spokes are put in "backwards" won't that screw up how the rim sits in comparison to the hub? Aren't spokes meant to go on only one way, not the other?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (Gerg)

The wheels are going back to ECW. Count me officially out for this Friday.

I'll post again and try to set up another weekday ride when I get them back.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so who is going friday? i'm in. i hope at least two others are going. i think cartech is in and possibly walnut and banda. can i see a show of hands?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (Nick Novice)

I should be there...got some work to do, but...it can wait till monday...
when are you heading up to s'field, nick?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts