1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Damn! Semper Fi! -Rocky-

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
LOL . MX : The Great Equalizer . These guys must have a clause in their contracts stipulating that they must ride MX for training purposes , or else why would their teams/sponsors allow it ?

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
LOL . MX : The Great Equalizer . These guys must have a clause in their contracts stipulating that they must ride MX for training purposes , or else why would their teams/sponsors allow it ?
Everyone is debating it on Twitter. All the riders are like "how do you expect us to train and stay sharp?" and all the fans are like "why do you morons constantly wad yourself up training/riding mx?".

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
I apologized that he rides a Ducati V4...

·
chimp on my shoulder
2,437 Posts
Basically what happens to them, would be like if the NFL said 'hey you can't touch a football or get on a football field during the off season, but playing a game of basketball is ok.'
I think it's ridiculous. they should be able to train in the manner they compete.

·
12,576 Posts
Basically what happens to them, would be like if the NFL said 'hey you can't touch a football or get on a football field during the off season, but playing a game of basketball is ok.'
I think it's ridiculous. they should be able to train in the manner they compete.
Many NBA contracts don't allow them to play in pickup games? And if they do, they assume the risk of voiding their contracts.;)

I'm not sure why they HAVE to huck 50ft triples to train when they don't leave the ground in their chosen discipline? Can't they get a production bike and hit the local track?:confused:

·
chimp on my shoulder
2,437 Posts
Many NBA contracts don't allow them to play in pickup games? And if they do, they assume the risk of voiding their contracts.;)

I'm not sure why they HAVE to huck 50ft triples to train when they don't leave the ground in their chosen discipline? Can't they get a production bike and hit the local track?:confused:
yes, but they can go to their own court and shoot free throws or practice with their team at any point. that was my point. they can train in their profession year round. and then precisely my point why are they not allowed to get on a production bike and hit the local non season destination tracks?

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts
I agree with this... WTF are these morons doing on the motocross bikes risking their careers? Every year somebody gets fvcked up, not sure what the issue is with training on a roadcourse. I am surprised you don't see more disciplinary action from the Teams when their dip-shit riders continually pull this garbage... Oh, you're going to miss pre-season testing because you wanted to ride motocross? Go race motocross and we will find someone else to replace your dumb ass!

·
12,576 Posts
yes, but they can go to their own court and shoot free throws or practice with their team at any point. that was my point. they can train in their profession year round. and then precisely my point why are they not allowed to get on a production bike and hit the local non season destination tracks?
These rules are confusing about practice.:eek:

1.15.1.1 MotoGP Class
A. Practice by contracted riders with machines eligible for the
MotoGP class is forbidden:
i) During the Season and the breaks at any circuit included in the
Grand prix calendar of the current year with the following
exceptions:
a) Practice included in the schedule of the events.
b) Practice during the day immediately following the Spanish
Grand Prix (Jerez) and the Czech GP (Brno) and during the
2days immediately following the last GP (Valencia).
c) Any activity authorised by the Race Direction.
ii) During the Winter at any circuit with the following
exceptions:
a) At a maximum of 6 days of official tests organised by
Dorna/IRTA at Grand Prix circuits included in the calendars
of the preceding or following year. No testing is permitted
during the period starting on the 1st December of one year
and finishing on 31st January of the following year, both
dates being inclusive with the exception of the the “Rookie”
riders who are allowed one 3 day test during November/
December.
The Winter test schedule must be approved by the Grand
Prix Commission.
b) Any activity authorised by the Race Direction.
B. Practice by non-contracted riders:
Practice by non-contracted riders (test riders) is allowed at
any circuit at any time, but limited by the use of a total of
240 tyres per manufacturer, per calendar year, supplied
exclusively by the MotoGP tyre supplier. However, it is
forbidden to test:
During the Season and the Breaks at a Grand Prix circuit
included in the calendar before the race has taken place.
However manufacturers may, before 31st January of each
year, designate and inform the Race Direction of their
2 testing circuits at which they may test but not as from
14 days of the event scheduled at the circuits. The schedule
of such tests and any subsequent amendments must be
notified to the Race Direction at least 7 days in advance.
A non contracted rider (test rider) cannot become a
contracted rider during the same season. Waiver may be
granted by the Race Direction.
C. Definition of a “contracted rider” and a “Rookie” rider.
A contracted rider is a rider designated by the team
according article 1.11.1
A “Rookie” is a rider nominated by a participating team for
participation in the entire season, who has not participated
in nine or more events in the same class in any previous
season.
For the purpose of this clause, the 500cc class and the
MotoGP class are considered to be the same.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I think Hayden riding a flat track is not nearly the same as the bonsai MX many do on a regular basis. He should not have been riding with another rider out there though. His mistake.

·
Registered
426 Posts
riding with other riders is ok, as long as it's the right other riders...
Maybe so, but whether it is the other rider or Hayden who made the mistake is irrelevant if having a clear track means no one could hit another rider. Obviously he could hit a wall, unlikely though. Maybe riding alone on the track is overkill but he has the resources and if you are a top ten motogp rider maybe you have more to protect. Try and save most of the injuries to the real races.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
One of the worst dings I've had recently was a 25 MPH get off from a "tarded" out XR100 on pavement. Shredded gear, dinged helmet, seperated shoulder and broken ribs......On a 100! :cool: I've ridden over 40 years, and I STILL can't tell you when I'm gonna bail.

Semper Fi!

-Rocky-

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.