Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sounds like a rumour that's gathering momentum, be pretty cool, huh?
Nicky Hayden and John Hopkins on HRC RCV211's with Red Bull sponsership.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Hayden / Hopkins on Red Bull Honda? (kiwigav)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kiwigav »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sounds like a rumour that's gathering momentum, be pretty cool, huh?
Nicky Hayden and John Hopkins on HRC RCV211's with Red Bull sponsership.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No stranger a rumor than that of Vale riding on a one bike team next year sponsored by Alice. Read that a couple of days ago.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Hayden / Hopkins on Red Bull Honda? (doughboy_748r)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by doughboy_748r »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bet john'll kick nicky's times...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

awwwiight Say 100 bucks that Hopper is not faster then Nicky (season average)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Hayden / Hopkins on Red Bull Honda? (sp2pilot)

I am with sp2 on this one. Hopper has never really impressed me. The fact that he has stayed with Suzuki for as long as he has should tell you something.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Hayden / Hopkins on Red Bull Honda? (casjoker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by casjoker »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am with sp2 on this one. Hopper has never really impressed me. The fact that he has stayed with Suzuki for as long as he has should tell you something.</TD></TR></TABLE>
That he's got loyalty? That he believed them when they said improvements are coming?

Why is it that all the 'insiders' say John is still one of the hottest commodities in MotoGP, and some here arn't impressed? Help me understand. What is it that doesn't impress you two? He hasn't won? Alot of guys haven't won. That he crashes? That he rides the bike over the limit trying to make it competitive? I'm trying to understand what your seeing, or not seeing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kiwigav »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sounds like a rumour that's gathering momentum, be pretty cool, huh?
Nicky Hayden and John Hopkins on HRC RCV211's with Red Bull sponsership.</TD></TR></TABLE>
BTW, where did this rumor come from? It sounds interesting, but totally against the expected Repsol agreement with HRC.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Hayden / Hopkins on Red Bull Honda? (casjoker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by casjoker »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am with sp2 on this one. Hopper has never really impressed me. The fact that he has stayed with Suzuki for as long as he has should tell you something.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Let the boy get on the right bike, then make your call.

If the Honda deal goes through, which I believe it will, we'll see what he's capable of.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Hayden / Hopkins on Red Bull Honda? (stk0308)

What am I seeing... A young guy that went to the the big leagues to early and has stayed on second rate equipment to long. Is he talented, yes more than Hayden no. You are right he crashes a lot and he has always crashed. Is it because he is trying to push equipment more than likely, but how many times are you going to hit your head against the wall before you realize it hurts. I wish the guy the best of luck I just think he needs to wake up and realize you only have so long to play the game and the more he beats himself up the less time he will have in the game. Hopefully the rumor has some merit and he gets a first tier ride for 06 stays healthy and can contest Rossi and Hayden for the title.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Hayden / Hopkins on Red Bull Honda? (stk0308)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stk0308 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That he's got loyalty? That he believed them when they said improvements are coming?

Why is it that all the 'insiders' say John is still one of the hottest commodities in MotoGP, and some here arn't impressed? Help me understand. What is it that doesn't impress you two? He hasn't won? Alot of guys haven't won. That he crashes? That he rides the bike over the limit trying to make it competitive? I'm trying to understand what your seeing, or not seeing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I am a big fan of John and believe him to be a super talent.....better than Nicky? Who knows, who cares? He has ridden the 'Zuki better than the established star and one-time world champion, KRJR...says a lot to me. He deserves a shot at a competitive bike on a competitive team. Nicky got Doohan's and Rossi's old team...John got Sanford and Son. Hope he gets to ride a real bike next year...but it probably won't happen as Suzuki ain't as dumb as they act and will throw greenbacks at John like confetti at a Macy's Day parade in NYC when Suzuki is totally over their heads in MotoGP. Why that happened is totally baffling to me...they had the two-stroke gig down pat.

Next year will see a major shakeup in MotoGP.......big time shuffling with a number of well known riders being shuffled out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I doubt there is any truth to the Honda rumor..and I doubt John is any faster than Nicky. The bikes are very difficult to ride...period. Good luck to both of them!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (moonshine)

i have to agree with some and disagree with others .. hopers has stuck it out with zuki ,, granted it's like the Ducati's are now in wsbk , over wieght and under powered ,,, he pushes the thing past it's limits very time the lights go out on the start . the kid has a lot of talent , but getting beat up isn't gonna make things better for him in the long run ,, if he gets a honda ride then you'll see him up there
in the standings , podiums .... maybe a few . got to hand it to the kid though !!
Good luck to em both

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Red Bull rocks. I don't spend a bunch of money on those drinks, but if I'm gonna buy one, I buy Red Bull. It's hard to think of a company that spends more money on motorsports in general, and on promoting American talent in particular. Red Bull is involved in every form of motorsports that I pay attention to. And I'm a big fan of the driver development program that they put together a few years ago. The goal was to get an American driver in an F1 car, and that may happen as soon as next year with Scott Speed.

I don't understand why people are down on Hopper. He's always had rotten rides, and he's always looked good when compared to his esteemed teamate. Sure he crashes alot, but some of those crashes occur because the Suzuki is trying to kill him. If anything, I'd say he might be trying too hard. Didn't I read that his spectacular highside in the last race was caused by an accidental downshift? He couldn't feel his foot because he was already so beat up and he was trying to ride through his recent injuries.

I think Nicky would be faster, but they'd both be competitive on a good bike. They are both young and they are both going to get better.

Most importantly, the sport could get some excellent mainstream exposure in the US with Red Bull sponsoring a team of two young American superstars. If you ever see a life-size cutout of any MotoGP star in an American convenience store, I'm sure it'll be a Red Bull sign. I'm not holding my breath, but I can't think of a better team/rider/sponsor scenario for the future.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
am not down on hopper at all, I just feel Nicky will be stronger by the time hopper gets to the Honda.....2 years down the road who knows, once hopper gets with the Honda, but next year! Nicky, zero doubt.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I would love to see Hopper get on a good bike, I think he will do really well! I think he has proven himself as a great rider despite the bike he has been stuck on. I hope he gets a contract!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Hayden / Hopkins on Red Bull Honda? (tattooskickass)

What we could see next year.....

YAMAHA
Alice Team Yamaha
RIDER(s) - Valentino Rossi

Gauloises Yamaha
RIDER(s) - Colin Edwards

Fortuna Yamaha
RIDER(s) - Toni Elias

HONDA
Repsol / Movistar HRC
RIDER(s) - Dani Pedrosa & Sete Gibernau

Red Bull Gresini Honda
RIDER(s) - Nicky Hayden & John Hopkins

Konica Minolta JIR
RIDER(s) - Makoto Tamada & Loris Capirossi

Camel Pons
RIDER(s) - Marco Melandri & Chris Vermuellen

DUCATI
Marlboro / Vodafone Ducati
RIDER(s) - Carlos Checa & James Toseland

D'Antin Ducati
RIDER(s) - Vittoriano Guareschi & Alex Hoffman

KAWASAKI
Team Kawasaki
RIDER(s) - Shinya Nakano & Olivier Jacque

Tech3 Kawasaki
RIDER(s) - Alex Barros & Troy Bayliss

SUZUKI
Team Suzuki
RIDER(s) - Max Biaggi & Yukio Kagayama

STILL UNKNOWN
TEAMS
Eckl
WCM
KR KTM
Zongshen-Piaggio

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Where did Zongshen-Piaggio come from? Piaggio is the comany that bought Aprilia/MotoGuzzi/Lavarda isn't it? Separate company from Zongshen. Now Zongshen has made no secret they are following the Honda way of getting into motorcycle racing, but why would they hook up with such a non-entity in MotoGP?

And are you saying Eckls will leave the Factory Kawasaki team, to form his own team? Brave.

If the political rumblings are correct, you might as well drop Telefonica from the list, and leave it Repsol.

And 29 possible riders in the field?! I like that. But I have a hard time believing there is enough money to support them all. I hope that feeling is wrong, though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

I would love to see McCoy the master of slide back in motogp..

1 - 20 of 35 Posts