Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an MH900e that sits in my lounge, however, I would like to hang it from the wall in the dining room .

I also ride the bike every other weekend or so, hence it must be reasonably simple to get down put up.

I was thinking of making a triangular frame for the one side of the bike – in the shape of a capital “A”. The idea would be for the lower two ends of the A frame to bend around (have bars at 90 degrees welded on) to pass through the hollow axels front and rear. The apex (top) of the A would then be attached to a cable to raise the bike up.

I plan to put an electric winch in the ceiling bolted to the rafters to raise it up and a very narrow stainless steel shelf for the wheels to sit on once the bike is up.

There would need to be a circlip of sorts to secure the A frame where it passes through the hollow axels – to stop the bike slipping off. Additionally, the top of the A frame would need to be secured near the top of the bike to stop the bike falling over and hanging upside-down – I want to have the tyres on the shelf against the wall and the bike angled out at 45 degrees.

Questions:

1) Would this sort of arrangement wear the bearings in the wheels / headstock?
2) Would the frame distort if the A frame was attached to it under the seat / tank and the bike was angled out?
3) How could one best secure the top of the A frame to the bike without damaging it?
4) Has anyone calculated the centre of gravity for an MH900e?
5) Any examples of this being done (and how!)?

And most important – is this stupid?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Hanging a MH900e from the wall (deimh)

What kind of oil do you plan to use in the winch?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Hanging a MH900e from the wall (deimh)

I would just build a platform against the wall that the floor is on a hydraulic, like an elevator without the cables. You could push the bike onto it and raise it up. Simple and no stress on your bike.

Oh and you F'ing crazy

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Hanging a MH900e from the wall (themagicalswitch)

Crazy yes, nice hell yeah, but I think the cost of it and trouble will be too much
Good luck, if you get it done post some pic

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Hanging a MH900e from the wall (BlackHawk)

Why don't you just buy another MH and keep it on display. That way, all you have to build is a simple fixed platform for it...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Hanging a MH900e from the wall (oneducs)

What is the structure of your house. I'd be worried about ripping the ceiling/wall down with an MH bolted to it.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Hanging a MH900e from the wall (Capt. Home Slice)

Take a photo of it ... get it enlarged into a poster and frame it ... and stick that on the wall.

Save yourself a lot of grief ... and you can still get your jollies off looking at it

Put the real bike back in the garage where it belongs ...
Pete

1 - 8 of 8 Posts