Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchased anything from them? if so, how long did you have to wait to get your purchase??

I bought a front headstock stand from them on Feb 25th and have yet to receive it. I thought that was kinda a long time to wait from a place that's only 6 hours away!!!

I emailed them yesterday for a UPS tracking number, I haven't heard anything yet.

Has anyone else had dealings with them from the board?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Handy Industries (hoythuntin)

I've bought from them... Shipping took longer than expected or what I would deem reasonable, but I got it & it works...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Handy Industries (LDH)

i have dealt with them three times, each time took a couple of weeks FWIW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I've bought quite a bit of stuff from them, from swingarm stands to bike lifts. When I ordered some stands, they sent them UPS, and I don't remember it taking too long. Maybe a couple of weeks. It's possible they build stuff in batches, so maybe the timing was off when you ordered yours...

I would think you should get your stand fairly soon. Good luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rule of thumb, unless you pay for next day or 2nd day, expect 4-6 weeks generally with any place you order from.

As Scott said, maybe they build them in batches.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (RP Racing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RP Racing »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Rule of thumb, unless you pay for next day or 2nd day, expect 4-6 weeks generally with any place you order from.

As Scott said, maybe they build them in batches.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow, that would be nice if some of my customers thought that way. I've had people file chargebacks with their credit card company because they didn't receive their order within a week.

(I typically get all orders out so they arrive within 1-2 weeks)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Handy has a booth at the moto-show every year and usually has good deals on stuff if you can take it home from the show. IIRC they were selling the lift with wheel vise for $750...not bad for the lifts that are so popular they are almost an industry standard

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (Dezmo)

I ordered two lifts a couple weeks ago, had them in 4 days

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (section8superbike)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by section8superbike »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I ordered two lifts a couple weeks ago, had them in 4 days
</TD></TR></TABLE>

dang.. I'm going on 16 days...

And I don't buy that 4-6 weeks crap that someone here said.. I could maybe see it, if I were to snail mail my order in. But not if I go to their e-commerce site and make a payment by credit card. (which BTW cleared 10 days ago) They have my money, I want my stand!!!

But, at least it seems that no one here has ever gotten ripped off by them, so... I guess I'll just have to sit and wait.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (hoythuntin)

A while back,I ordered a lift table from them.Yeah,It took a few weeks,but it was December,so I just figured shipping takes longer that time of year.It turned out in my case,they wait to ship several items at once to get a better rate on truck freight.They[Westin] seemed like a stand up company,make a good product,and I would buy again.FYI..If you ever get a lift table,get the electric lift model,lots nicer than the air lift.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

My wife just called she said my stand was just delivered..

Too bad - She said it looks like the thing fell off the truck a couple of times and was then run over by a fork lift!!

She didn't open it, but she said it just looks trashed!! She took a bunch of pictures of it, but she also signed for the damn thing.. So, I don't know if I can go back to UPS and file anything.. I can't wait to get home and see the damage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.