Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how these stands compare to something like the Ducati stands or the Pit-Bulls. I know a few guys here use them so what's the verdict?

Thanks.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Handy Industries Stands (CPalacay)

pitbull by far
but go with the double sided option stand

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Handy Industries Stands (throttlehead)

I have a set of Pit-Bulls from my 998 and I loved them. You can't really beat the prices on the Handy stuff though, just overer $200 front and rear. I just wanna know how sturdy they are since I had a Lockhart one before that looked similar but wasn't so sturdy.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Bang for the buck, the Handy stands are quite good. WAY better than L-P junk.

I bought a bunch of Handy stands to use in my shop, and for my collection of bikes, and they work very well...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Handy Industries Stands (AZ Scott)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZ Scott »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Bang for the buck, the Handy stands are quite good. WAY better than L-P junk.</TD></TR></TABLE>
+1

I have no complaints at all.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've never use the pit-bulls. I have the $99 Handy combo stands and they work just fine on my '04 749s. I have put the bike up on both stands and sat on it. Always felt stable. I don't really know how else to test them. I would have purchased the new Cycle Cat stand, but they only have them for spools at the moment.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: (georgeb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by georgeb »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">. I don't really know how else to test them. </TD></TR></TABLE>

try putting it up on the stands in the pits at a track day. grass, dirt, maybe even gravel. this is where you'll see a big differnce in stands. any stand does a decent job on a smooth garage floor. I love my pitbulls, they're built like tanks and the only thing I'll use on my bikes. Just my 2 cents.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by georgeb »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would have purchased the new Cycle Cat stand, but they only have them for spools at the moment.</TD></TR></TABLE>

We have the non-spool adapter included with the UCS1 stand. The problem you have is that the shape of the early 999 swingarm is unfriendly to any of the common rearstands and has no accomodation for spools. Use a single side arm on it for now. We will have an answer for the problem soon.

Chris Calovini
Sales and Marketing Manager
Cycle Cat div. Ideanamics LLC
614-577-8080 x 102
[email protected]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: (Vandal996)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vandal996 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
We will have an answer for the problem soon.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

SWEET! I saw your stands being used at the Ducati Museum Tent at Mid-Ohio. Those things look great! And since I'm usually by myself when putting the bike up on the rearstand, and I don't enjoy the balancing act, I'm anxious to get one!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

i have two sets of handy's and have had nothing short of perfect workings from them. I use the stands everytime i park the bikes and they are easy to use.

one more thing for those that care. The gilles GP adapters for the gilles chain adjusters fit perfect in the handy rear

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZ Scott »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Bang for the buck, the Handy stands are quite good.</TD></TR></TABLE>

+2

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Handy Industries Stands (Mental998)

As a side note, one of the things the Handy stand is really good for is if you're using a work table or bike lift. I'm sure the fact that Handy makes the bike lifts you see in just about every motorcycle shop has something to do with it, but the wheels on the Handy stand are mounted inboard of the stand, so they're narrow enough to fit on the table surface.

The Pit Bull stands are just barely narrow enough, but you have to be very careful to keep the wheels from falling off the edge. Whenever I have a bike up on the lift, I use a Handy stand.

I realize this won't matter to most people, but it's just a consideration.

I do agree that Pit Bull makes the best overall stand on the market, but if you're pinching pennies, you can't go wrong with Handy...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Hey Christian, I've got a set of Handy stands that I've been using for a while and am very happy with. If you wanted to check them out you're welcome to.
Should be $99 + shipping for the set too, not $200.
http://www.handyindustries.com...=0&S=

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've been using the Cycle Cat stand for a couple weeks now. It's a sweet piece of mechanical engineering, magnificently executed.
Can you tell I like it?
gregc

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Handy Industries Stands (jpuck91)

Thanks guys, I really gotta place an order for these.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jpuck91 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Should be $99 + shipping for the set too, not $200.
http://www.handyindustries.com...=0&S=</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was looking at that but wouldn't this one be more useful...?
http://www.handyindustries.com...1&S=4

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Will these things work (the front stand) on an older supersport? Specifically a 95? How about the headstock stand?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: (midwestduc)

The more expensive headstock stand will allow you to pull your forks if needed, thats about the only thing that would gain you. The basic set works for pretty much everything else.
If you really want a cool stand that will allow you to work on any part of the bike easily, try finding one of the Cycle Cat DSS-1 stands. Don't think they're in production anymore though, and I also don't know if they fit the 749/999 bikes either.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

yeah, the Handy headstock stand is a pretty good deal,I tried to find an FG quicklift headstock stand to go with my rear stand,but it just is not avail(to the general public).
There's a FG headstock stand with a slow hand crank lift as well,proitalia in LA had them not sure if they're still avail,kinda pricey at $230.00

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: Handy Industries Stands (Lossimo996)

I have the handy front headstock stand.. The thing works like a champ!! I needed to pull my forks this past winter to get some race tech springs and gold valves installed. And it worked great! My only complaint was really slow shipping, it took over a week to ship it out to me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts