Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Meat Head
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my 02 RC tuned yesterday @ Harry's Performance Machine in Northboro MA, good guys there and the bike runs great can't wait to spend some time riding this weekend! made 121hp 69tq. Just a PC III USB and Erion slip ons

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Had my 02 RC tuned yesterday @ Harry's Performance Machine in Northboro MA, good guys there and the bike runs great can't wait to spend some time riding this weekend! made 121hp 69tq. Just a PC III USB and Erion slip ons

Very Nice JD.,

#1) Why haven't You\You Need to do your "Soft Rev. Limiter" bypass mod.!;)

#2) What "was" your A/F ratio info. in the beginning compared to finished?

#3) JD. FWIW, When You can,... I highly, HIGHLY recommend a Throsten\TurnOne AirBox!

Peace Jeff

·
Meat Head
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very Nice JD.,

#1) Why haven't You\You Need to do your "Soft Rev. Limiter" bypass mod.!;)

#2) What "was" your A/F ratio info. in the beginning compared to finished?

#3) JD. FWIW, When You can,... I highly, HIGHLY recommend a Throsten\TurnOne AirBox!

Peace Jeff
I never did anything except slip ons and PC, it always seemed "good enough" hahaha, I am doing it this weekend!!! I believe it was 14.7 if I remember?? I will look into the air boxes for sure. I have always loved this bike but I cannot believe the difference in having it dialed in better. I also never did the flapper mod, that too will be done this weekend. Am I leaving power on the table by not doing the soft rev? Should I have it re-tuned when I get the airbox?

Thanks for the info

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
I never did anything except slip ons and PC, it always seemed "good enough" hahaha, I am doing it this weekend!!! I believe it was 14.7 if I remember?? I will look into the air boxes for sure. I have always loved this bike but I cannot believe the difference in having it dialed in better. I also never did the flapper mod, that too will be done this weekend. Am I leaving power on the table by not doing the soft rev? Should I have it re-tuned when I get the airbox?

Thanks for the info

HUMMMM WOW! Knowing what I know now since doing mine,... I can't imagine NOT doing this mod.,
the "Soft Rev. Limiter" mod... it is worth every penny in time to do it!

NO BS.. 100% stock> I was ready to bring my RC51 back to the dealership before doing this mod.
because I thought it felt like such a DOG! IF You don't ride hard then you'll never miss it... >?<

On to your question, when you get your BIG AirBox YES, a new map is definitely the way to go.

·
Meat Head
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks man! I'm doing the limiter mod this weekend for sure. I'll have to keep watching the classified section here for a used airbox too!

Thanks again

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Ok thanks man! I'm doing the limiter mod this weekend for sure. I'll have to keep watching the classified section here for a used airbox too!

Thanks again

You are welcome JD.

IF you really are going to do the mod., be sure you run her FULL Throttle up to red line acouple times, atleast
1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear.. before doing said mod. and THEN You can thank me again, for talking You into doing
it afterwards! LOL ;)

·
chimp on my shoulder
2,437 Posts
definitely get it re-tuned when you get a box. and shoot for a slightly fatter AFR. 12.6ish is where they make their best numbers (this info came from one of the best 51 tuning shops around). you'll also want to do the pair mod before getting back on the dyno, as the pair system will screw with your AFR numbers a touch

·
Meat Head
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We had to plug the air system in order to get good readings (AFR) Should I still do PAIR upgrade or is the way I have it a cheap way to do it??

·
Meat Head
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You are welcome JD.

IF you really are going to do the mod., be sure you run her FULL Throttle up to red line acouple times, atleast
1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear.. before doing said mod. and THEN You can thank me again, for talking You into doing
it afterwards! LOL ;)

HAHA ok will do!

·
chimp on my shoulder
2,437 Posts
We had to plug the air system in order to get good readings (AFR) Should I still do PAIR upgrade or is the way I have it a cheap way to do it??
if you disabled it for the dyno, then good enough. you could always do the complete mod though and drop a couple of pounds.

·
calculating status...
1,670 Posts
HUMMMM WOW! Knowing what I know now since doing mine,... I can't imagine NOT doing this mod.,
the "Soft Rev. Limiter" mod... IF You don't ride hard then you'll never miss it... >?<
I don't miss it. It only comes into play over 9200 rpm. But if you want to do it might as well, it won't hurt anything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.