Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Hacking SOL............... (SP8)

It seems like bicycles are more dangerous than the motorcycles they ride. This is a perfect example of why I don't exercise!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Hacking SOL............... (casjoker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by casjoker »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This is a perfect example of why I don't exercise!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL... justification at its finest.

Yeah, one of the guys on our Endurance team wrapped himself around a tree riding his mountain bike a couple days ago. He's ok, but will be sore most of the week. RIght now, everyone on the LSTD Endurance team is at different stages of recovery from some sort of motorcycle crash.

So, the rest of us decided to get mountain bikes as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Speaking of Yamaha, what happened to Gobert this year???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Hacking SOL............... (Baasinator)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Baasinator »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Speaking of Yamaha, what happened to Gobert this year???</TD></TR></TABLE>
I know. The dude must be bugging out on the inside.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Damn, those guys play with pain. ($)
I shattered my collarbone racing motocross and took up trials after the screws and plates came out. Now I play it safe and ride on the street.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Hacking SOL............... (uncle spooler)

When I read "-- two dislocated elbows; in addition, both elbows have fractures.--" that got me to thinking of my serious comp accidents & is when I decided I would concentrate more seriously in Observed Trials, like uncle spooler, only did enter a few MX events. It was my home accident (which had done in a few good competitors) that I thought I would have a better chance of being found in the ditch of a major road with a pranged bike rather then no one knowing where I would go in my training of sections ALWAYS alone which I was famous for. All anyone would know is I went west & then possibly farther west, south or north.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Hacking SOL............... (Smitty)

They seem to think that Hacking will be back in time for Laguna Seca.

-I wouldn't bet on it.

I've broken both of my elbows in two separate crashes. Sometimes they heal with relative ease, sometimes they don't. YEARS later, I still have occasional pain that is further aggravated when there is pressure on the wrist (like the pressure that can be found in hard braking situations).

These guys have got to stop doing crossover sports. Nicky and Biaggi hurt themselves riding motards. Now Hacking on an MTB. Hey guys, ride what you plan on racing, okay??!!

I do wish him a speedy recovery though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Hacking SOL............... (sparky)

This is the main reason Jordon could not ride bikes during his NBA career. Well worth the wait in his case. Personally, I would stay the hell away from all forms of dirt sports if I was in a title contention racing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I crash at 150mph on a superbike and get up with a couple bruises, while my last three trips to the ER have all been from bicycle accidents.
It's too late I'm hooked to it like heroin.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts