Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
lidzduc.blogspot.com
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the crash televised yet? Been watching this years broadcast of the IOM and haven't caught it yet?:banghead

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
no they don't replay it. They are basically playing the Duke video on HD Channel and they just mention it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
crash stills

sorry...I linked to to his new crash....HD shows the IOM so long after it happens, I'd already moved on

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got my Blueray/DVD video review this week from Duke in Ireland-no video of the crash. I think it's an editing decision they make in the interest of promoting the races. If they supplied video of some of the horrific things that happen they'd invite scrutiny. As it is, the only people that really know are true fans, and their not looking to shut the races down.

But THEN, this months Motorcyclist magazine came, which has an unreal photograph, mid crash, fireball, bike and all-everything but Guy Martin is pictured (you assume he's in the fireball somewhere....) and an interview with Martin about it.

So anyway, no video, but some shocking pictures.

Speaking of shocking, the Blueray video is so good you just simply can't take your eyes off the screen. The colors and the contrast are just amazing. I have to attend this race some day.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Got my Blueray/DVD video review this week from Duke in Ireland-no video of the crash. I think it's an editing decision they make in the interest of promoting the races. If they supplied video of some of the horrific things that happen they'd invite scrutiny. As it is, the only people that really know are true fans, and their not looking to shut the races down.

But THEN, this months Motorcyclist magazine came, which has an unreal photograph, mid crash, fireball, bike and all-everything but Guy Martin is pictured (you assume he's in the fireball somewhere....) and an interview with Martin about it.

So anyway, no video, but some shocking pictures.

Speaking of shocking, the Blueray video is so good you just simply can't take your eyes off the screen. The colors and the contrast are just amazing. I have to attend this race some day.
If you look closely at the "fireball" pic, you'll see his boot sticking out from the lower part of the fireball........the gas tank is exiting in it's own fireball in the upper left portion of the shot. His telemetry showed he was wide open in 5th at the time of impact. Guy ROCKS!

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-

·
lidzduc.blogspot.com
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did anyone hear his comments after he took 2nd place in the 600 race because of a penalty?
WTF- is he saying:wacky
Seriously, the dude's gotta get off the "tea"!!;)

·
Registered
240 Posts
English is a tough language

Interviewer: So tell us about the race

Martin; WellIknewitwasgoingtobeatoughraceandabouthalfwayroundthefirstlaptheheadgasketletgoandthenIwasjustlookingforapubtodropinandhaveashandybuttheladsjustsaidkeepridingituntilitbreakssoyouknowIjustkeptgoing

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
If he's off his bike, it's rare to see Guy without his "cuppa". He's famous for his "emulsification" rants where he explains that "civilized" folks pour their hot tea into the milk, NOT vice versa. If you pour milk into tea, it's a "mixture", however, if you pour tea into milk. you attain the state of "emulsification" and presumably nirvana...............Dude can ride though! :notworthy

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
All that heat and no marshmallows...

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
Did anyone hear his comments after he took 2nd place in the 600 race because of a penalty?
WTF- is he saying:wacky
Seriously, the dude's gotta get off the "tea"!!;)

haha...you guys just gotta get out and about a bit more! :)

I admit, he does talk at high speed, and without much punctuation!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts