Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys it's been great, and this is a wonderful board loaded with suggestions and a wealth of useful information. Last sunday, i had the chance to ride a buddy's Gixxie, and damn I was hooked after one day. So, i guess i'll be selling the 51, cause today, i'm the proud owner of the Yellow bumble bee Zookie. Hey, the 51 has all the free mods, plus 520 conversion, PC3usb, flapper mod, new tires, reworked suspension. And it pulls hard. Let me know if your interested, email with pic requests. Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: GSXR1000K5, guess i'm gonna sell the 51 (sharpblade)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sharpblade »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Guys it's been great, and this is a wonderful board loaded with suggestions and a wealth of useful information. Last sunday, i had the chance to ride a buddy's Gixxie, and damn I was hooked after one day. So, i guess i'll be selling the 51, cause today, i'm the proud owner of the Yellow bumble bee Zookie. Hey, the 51 has all the free mods, plus 520 conversion, PC3usb, flapper mod, new tires, reworked suspension. And it pulls hard. Let me know if your interested, email with pic requests. Thanks

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Congrats on your new gix, that 05 is a smokin hot machine. However, it doesn't have the taste of an RC51.
The gix might have more power, might be lighter, faster on the take off, faster on the top end, and faster in the middle, smoother running, and last, but not least, cost less too. But, it is not an RC51, no comparison. I was going to get an 05 gix, and maybe still get one, but it will never reach the level of "quality of ride" as my RC51, never.

Congrats again, be safe and enjoy,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: GSXR1000K5, guess i'm gonna sell the 51 (cehowardrc51)

Technology keeps on rolling.
My friend Pete just picked up the same bike today and rode it home in the rain mostly. His will be torn down and become a full racer after a few more break-in miles though (he just sold me his track only GSXR 750 to make room and money for the new bike). I understand why you are changing, but I think you will miss the ol' girl in some ways.
Pete said the brakes suck, be careful until you know what you have got.
Good luck with the new bike, Hoov.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That seems to be a common thread these days. Buying an 05 Gixxer. I wouldn't mind having one of those too...in addition to my RC51. Enjoy!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

i too feel a temptation in buying the gixxer K5, and no matter how much (sensible) money i put into 'Marci' (the RC) she'll never be as light, as powerful, as...etc as the new stuff coming out.
but then i gotta think about all of the guys on 600's that blow me away or i have a hard time keeping up with on the track. then i say to myself "ride the wheels off this pig (footnote Rookie) and when i'm one of the faster guys in the 'A' class, imagine how fast i'd be on the gixxer 1000"
when that time comes though motorcycles will be powered by plutonium and weigh 100lbs with 500hp
so i guess i'll just keep my bone-stock RC and be happy mid-pack.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: GSXR1000K5, guess i'm gonna sell the 51 (jiujutsu)

I went against the grain and bought a ZX-10R just to be different.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: GSXR1000K5, guess i'm gonna sell the 51 (rc51999)

not another "me-too-bike"..just can't do it. I like things that are a little differnet

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: GSXR1000K5, guess i'm gonna sell the 51 (rc51999)

If it's Gixer "thing" then by all means go for it. The bike is sweet and it's the bike to have for 05, until one of the other factories come up with little more of the same thing next year and the new and improved 06 bike will be the new kid on the block. The on going “Yawn” battle of the same sexes in the 1 liter bike war. When will it end.

However, as someone already pointed out it's not the same as RC, because the RC has it's own personality and hard to describe fun factors that sets them apart from any in-line4s, whether it’s 05 or 06. My practically new R1 is still in my garage for an occasional ride but like I said, the RC gets ridden more than the faster more powerful R1. It’s more fun to ride. Just my

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats on the new ride. I was so close to buying a K5 myself, but I ran into a great deal on my '51 and I couldn't pass it up. Have fun!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (Hams51)

The 51 is the most powerful bike I've ridden, so the 05' 1K would probably blow my mind. Don't know if I'll ever want something that powerful, especially since right now I can't afford to track ride. Hell, I don't think I've had the RC much past 7K rpms yet
But, as my dad always told me, better to ride with some common sense and ride for a long time than to ride stupid and only be able to ride for a little while. I think, especially considering the weight, the Suzi has about 100 more hp than I need! Besides, I doubt it sets off car alarms at 3K rpms
I'm sure it's a helluva bike though. Take care and don't let it get you into too much trouble!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (Josh D)

I rode one last weekend. So much more comfy than the RC. Power everywhere, I never even hit the rev limiter. The RC is a heavy, slow turd in comparison. Way more bike than 99.9% of the squids that have them could ever use.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (weasel)

too much ghetto for me.

every ghetto gang rider/squid has one, they all ride around in guinny tees

natural selection i hope, way too many zoom splats in my world

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (weasel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by weasel »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I rode one last weekend. So much more comfy than the RC. Power everywhere, I never even hit the rev limiter. The RC is a heavy, slow turd in comparison. Way more bike than 99.9% of the squids that have them could ever use.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Completely agree but so many squids are buying these bikes I decided to get a Ducati instead. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (drthompson65)

I think my next street bike will be a Speed Triple. Same power charateristics as the RC, more comfotable, a little less expensive, and certainly different than 90% of what is out there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
everyone I know who has a gixxer, have all crashed. Even people I didn't really know but would see here and there..Not to say that others havn't crashed that I know. I think the majority of young riders around here just want the biggest fastest bike they can have. That being a gixxer.. Saw a brand new GSXR 1000 w/ paper plates yesterday, guess what no helmet but he did at least have tennis shoes on. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Sato makes a smokin' full titanium system with a "short can" for 05 GSXR1k.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: GSXR1000K5, guess i'm gonna sell the 51 (rc51crazy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rc51crazy »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not another "me-too-bike"..just can't do it. I like things that are a little differnet
</TD></TR></TABLE>

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Great bike man, I guess i got out of the status quoe machines when i got the rc.
Having said that I am saving my $ for a MV Augusta F4 1000.
It seems to have very close performance to the new gixer on paper

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: GSXR1000K5, guess i'm gonna sell the 51 (cmanf)

You need to go take a look at gixxer.com and go into the 1K forum. Sounds like quite a few people are having some issues with their bikes. If you hear a knocking coming from the bottom end of your motor, I'd be afraid, very afraid. Hopefully you won't have these issues. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts