Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone replace the stock grips with Pro grips or any other kind? any recommendations? looking to get a bit softer.. thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Grip Question (jkappe1)

my complaint with all sportbikes is that the grips are too tiny.

i have big hands, and find my hands get tired fast trying to grip onto a teeny bar end of a sportbike.

gimme those big harley style grips-- but for a sportbike!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Grip Question (jkappe1)

I've been wondering this myself. Stock and even "Pro grips" just seem to be too small in diemeter.
Does anyone know what the pro's do to ward off forearm pump? Besides sugery.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure if this translates to the street but I know for dirt ridin a smaller dia.grip is less likely to cause forearm pump.
To each their own.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (Coydog)

I dunno when ever I mountian bike the stock grips are the first things to go.
Keeps me from having to curl my hands so much, which alleviates the pump.
This isn't much of a problem on the street but in the trails, like when I was stationed in Guam. You'd get a hard fore arm pump in the jungle. Those wild pigs were scary.

Also now that I'm doing track only I'm noticing it alot more than I ever have. I think eventually my stamina will get better though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have mototek grips (dual density) they cut back on the vibration, and personally I fell they give a more positive feel to the bike.

-A

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (spectro205)

GALINDO SUPERBIKE GRIPS

Every bike I get I change the grips out with these. Just the right amount of "padding" and still able to "feel" the bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Grip Question (rctavo)

Foam ATV grips, perfect fit, not to fat not to skinny, soft and cushn'y, soaks up all vibs, if you are and iron grip type you can squeeze them, spray the inside with hair spray and slide on let dry and ride.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (Coydog)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Coydog »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm not sure if this translates to the street but I know for dirt ridin a smaller dia.grip is less likely to cause forearm pump.
To each their own.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I found this too. I bought some thicker grips and my forearms and wrists got worse, I ended up taking them off and putting the stockers back on my RC.
It probably has more to do with "fitting properly", it is likely some of you goons do need larger diameter. The stockers fit my paws pretty well, but they could be softer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (eppy01f4i)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eppy01f4i »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">GALINDO SUPERBIKE GRIPS

Every bike I get I change the grips out with these. Just the right amount of "padding" and still able to "feel" the bike.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

+1 The best damn grips for big hands!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like to have the same grips on the RC as I do on my BMX bike. I use Primo "the wall" grips & modify them by cutting the flange off and then putting the grips on backwards. They are a bit thicker, have a relatively smooth pattern to them and last a while. You can find them online or from just about any decent bike shop that carries Primo products.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts