Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to move south and Greenville, NC is a big possibility. My girlfriend wants to attend ECU to finish up her schooling. I on the other hand am done with school and I don't plan on going back.

I'm wondering if anyone can give me some info on the area and maybe some leads on jobs. I'm looking for welding jobs or some construction work...maybe gas and oil field if there is any of that around this area. I have been looking around online but maybe I can get some first hand info from the locals.

And of course...are there any good roads?? I was checking the map and didn't see much that really stood out.

In the meantime, thanks for your help

·
Shane RC51
889 Posts
Ha! I got all excited until I realized that you were talking about Greenville NC. I'm in Greenville SC. 5.5 - 6 hours away...

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Doesn't western NC have some excellent roads in the mountains? I know east of Deals Gap is pretty terrific....hwy 28, Skyway....not sure how far you're moving from there though.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Western NC or NorthWest SC were my picks! I love the moutains and the roads around that area. Greenville NC is eastern NC. Closest tracks look like VIR and Carolina motorsports in South Carolina. A move south is going to happen but the location is still up in the air. I'm sick of this 6 months of winter!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Western Carolina is like heaven!

Although it is very far from greenville, NC, ! Western NC is a go to destination like no other in the eastern US. Incidentally, there are literally hundreds of roads like deal's gap down there, but for some reason, it is the most famous one. I never understood that. If you are a little more relaxed, the blue ridge parkway is the best ride on this planet, for my money....

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A couple of buddies and I took a trip to deals gap in June and I loved it! Not only for the roads but also the scenery. It reminded me alot like NY but nicer.

Ben, I have lived in NY my entire life. Minus a few months spent in FL and LA. The more I get involved with motorcycles the more I hate the winter. (yes I know it has been winter all over the country) Not to mention NY is getting to be a bit rediculous with the taxes. Dont get me worng "I Love NY"...in the spring and summer.

·
Shane RC51
889 Posts
I'm about 3 hours from Deal's Gap. I won't deny that it's an awesome road (been there 3 times so far), there are roads just as good no more than 20 minutes from home. I also get the added benefit of less traffic, less cops, less tourism, etc. Yeah, I live in a pretty awesome place if you like to ride...

·
Registered
155 Posts
I lived just west of there in Raleigh area several years ago. Part of my sales territory covered Rocky Mount. The roads there are flat and pretty straight. When I went riding it was always either west or north of Raleigh area toward VA. Some good roads within an hour or two but some very good roads within 3-4 hours.

Sorry, no leads on jobs. Been gone since 2002.

·
Registered
129 Posts
(this is a humorous, rhetorical question/statement)
Why on earth would you want to leave New York? LOL.
Because it's the south. Good food bad roads. There is a pharmaceutical company there, and boat companys nearby

1 - 10 of 10 Posts