Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
I just sent that to everyone in my mailing list who ever asked me why I ride bikes and do trackdays. Thx.

·
Dr. Carbon
2,974 Posts
lol I guess I must be the only one that found it really weak. really did nothing for me, doesn't even come close to igniting the thrill of the ride that a nice compilation of motogp/wsbk/bsb overtaking can do... less flapping the gums and more throttle!

·
Once bitten twice shy...
1,980 Posts
Maybe if the compilation you talk about had people in it you raced with, against, or the camaraderie that goes along with club racing you'd have a point. But this video is attainable for just about anyone who has the drive or passion for it. They are two very different things.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
lol I guess I must be the only one that found it really weak. really did nothing for me, doesn't even come close to igniting the thrill of the ride that a nice compilation of motogp/wsbk/bsb overtaking can do... less flapping the gums and more throttle!
I kind of agree. That and the fact that they stole the speech from the Nike commercial. I thought that was kind of wack.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe if the compilation you talk about had people in it you raced with, against, or the camaraderie that goes along with club racing you'd have a point. But this video is attainable for just about anyone who has the drive or passion for it. They are two very different things.
Yup! Gridding up is quite thrilling. I think the video captures it. Also, the experience of riding really close and how unpredictable club racing can be- you never know who is going to show up or the outcome. And, that most if not all have to go back to work on Monday. LOL!

·
Once bitten twice shy...
1,980 Posts
I kind of agree. That and the fact that they stole the speech from the Nike commercial. I thought that was kind of wack.
It's amateur video. You think he had Nike money to hire a name and voice like that? People never cease to amaze me. Super high expectations... from playing too many video games... or not seeing or understanding what goes into production. I liken it to NBA dunks. Many of them are out of this world... but less than 1 percent get any credit even though those that judge them can't even throw a ball straight.:cool:

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
The moron in the comments section says "it was like watching all of "FASTER" in 5 minutes"? Comparing an amateur video with a stolen speach about club racing to one of the best GP videos of all time is just stupid. Give me one of those MotoGP Animals videos anyday of the week cuz this was a little too cheesy for me.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Weak..............:wacky

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Cornystupid.

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts
Wow,

Tough Crowd. Yeah, it was a little cheesy but overall I thought it was a very cool video on a budget, which I take was done for the AFM end of year party. I also agree with FS's sentiments, he hit the nail on the head.

Matthew

·
Once bitten twice shy...
1,980 Posts
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

This is what you have in your Sig... kind of ironic.
For the detractors.
Dare a mighty thing... put your work up for all to see and then stand close by and field the comments.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Damn, I thought N8's vid got me more motivated. :D

It was ok, but over hyped.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts