Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who here uses and what type of GPS units do you use. i am looking for one for riding and accurate speed? i did search but only got acouple of hits.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (BDAZ XX)

I have a Garmin 76 cs. Love it, color screen, data logging. Its sweet.

Also keeps track of where you were.

Bruce

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (mycirus)

Wow, those look like some sweet roads!!

I have one like Mycirus, I have never used it on the bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (1literduceater)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1literduceater »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow, those look like some sweet roads!!

I have one like Mycirus, I have never used it on the bike.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That would be deals gap/cherohola skyway pics, and yes, very sweet!!!

Bruce

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: ?gps? (txfatboy)

I have worked with alot of different ones most tell speed. As far as which is better that will come down to personal preference the 76 the others are talking about are nice ones, but if you want a little smaller one the garmin ETREX is pretty reliable pics up sats fast. I have also used a few magellans however I like the garmins better personally.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: ?gps? (tacpmeho)

In the car, I have a Garmin StreetPilot. Touchscreen, comes loaded with every restaurant, gas station, shop, and hotel in the nation. Pretty sweet. Only reason I have it, is because it was a gift, and I normally wouldn't shell out 1,000 bucks for something like that.

All the GPS's that are out there these days are about the same accuracy, so buy a cheapo one...it'll do the same as the big boys, and if you drop it off the bike at 205mph, you won't feel so bad....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: ?gps? (didlysquat)

Just wired up a Streetpilot. Great unit all the bells and whistles and you can download routes to/from your pc. That way if you are riding and find a great road its saved in your routes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've been researching this too. Looks like I'm going to go with the Garmin V. Seems to be the best for the money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts