Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Scorpio alarm on my bike, mainly for a deter, but have been wondering about a GPS Tracking Device. I have a friend with a teenager that put one of these in their kid's car. It was really cool. Has anyone used one of these on a bike and have any info they would like to share? I have spent a lot of money on my bike and if someone were to ever take my bike, I would like to know where it is so I can go and open a can of woopass, or get my ass kicked. Plus, I like gadgets and this seems really cool.

Any thoughts?

·
Anger managment patient
3,474 Posts
Most stolen bikes get striped. So no power source for the transmitter. If you get a self contained battery powered one you'll need to decide what part you want to track. Frames are often cut apart. Plus these systems often have a service fee that charges per ping. Best advice is a safe storage place out of sight.

·
Anger managment patient
3,474 Posts
Joe, I don't Efin know for sure but thats just an opinion and I guess you know thats worth about as much as you paid for it.

·
Anger managment patient
3,474 Posts
Lojack works great if its on and a cop happens to have the equipment nearby. Here in Pennsyltucky it would be worthless. Small township police don't have the tracking equipment. State cops aren't so common. When I worked in Baltimore City 1 car per sector had LoJack and you'd be lucky if it was in service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts