Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Nice bits, but surely still overworked on that behemoth.

Not sure I agree, they seem to take the abuse by Superbikes fairly well in stride without issue.

·
2,737 Posts
Having a goldwing disaffectionately called the roadpig I always imagined installing brakes from an impala or the like on it just for the grin. You know, rusty 30 pound ventilated 11 inch rotors and a big calipers. Or perhaps a custom wheel with a single center mounted drum brake off a Kenworth.

This guys efforts are commendable but they'll still smoke trying to stop the pig quickly from high speed as there simply is not enough mass there to dissipate the generated heat. On the other hand goldwings teach you to slow down as these pigs simply do not stop. I've made mine smell bad several times.

·
NitroAcres
187 Posts
That bike belongs to Brian Drebber...it is the FrankenWing (Valkyrie with Goldwing bodywork).....I think Gary Mathers actually built it..

I can hear the brake rotors clatter as it comes up the drive...no way he can sneek up on me on that bike...lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yep, it's mine and Gary Mathers built it. That's why he's going in the Hall of Fame. I want Britt to know I'm coming or else he might shoot me.

Engine is stock. 1997 Valkyrie chassis is totally hotrodded. Gold Wing subframes were adapted to mount '97 Aspencade bodywork. It will stop just fine.

Dreb

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yep, it's mine and Gary Mathers built it. That's why he's going in the Hall of Fame. I want Britt to know I'm coming or else he might shoot me.

Engine is stock. 1997 Valkyrie chassis is totally hotrodded. Gold Wing subframes were adapted to mount '97 Aspencade bodywork. It will stop just fi
We miss you Dreb....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts