Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when Gauloises (a subsidiary of Altadis), Marlboro, and Camel are no longer able to sponsor Moto GP teams (it's comming), who should step in and put up some cash? Who are the potential sponsors you'd like to see?

Ducati - Coca-Cola (Gotta keep it Red)
Honda - McDonalds (Gotta keep it...um...red?)
Yamaha - Pepsi (Just because it would be cool to see the cola's going at it!)
Suzuki - Red Bull (I can't believe these guys haven't already taken a bigger role)
Kawasaki - The US Army (Seriously, think how cool it would be! Camo Bike. An army of one!)

·
Registered
837 Posts
MV-Proton/Petronas

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Rocket51 said:
So when Gauloises (a subsidiary of Altadis), Marlboro, and Camel are no longer able to sponsor Moto GP teams (it's comming), who should step in and put up some cash? Who are the potential sponsors you'd like to see?

Ducati - Coca-Cola (Gotta keep it Red)
Honda - McDonalds (Gotta keep it...um...red?)
Yamaha - Pepsi (Just because it would be cool to see the cola's going at it!)
Suzuki - Red Bull (I can't believe these guys haven't already taken a bigger role)
Kawasaki - The US Army (Seriously, think how cool it would be! Camo Bike. An army of one!)
Wireless telecommunications companies are the best bet. Alice (the Italian version of Verizon) is already a sponsor; Virgin Mobile is a big player in BSB; Telefonica Movistar has been a major player for many years but they are moving over to Formula One. Motorcycles and cellphones....natural linkage.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Dezmo said:
Am I the only guy here who remembers when Schwantz/Suzuki was sponsored by pepsi?:D
No, I remember that bike.

There will be sponsers, they'll be different, but they'll still be there. You may find a Motorex bike to run against the Repsol Honda, or Alice vs Telefonica.

By the way, isn't Telefonica pulling sponsership from MotoGP to spend more in F1 on Alonso next year?

This is assuming of course that cigarette advertising will be banned in Europe any time in the near future.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I say we ban attorneys & insurance companies from any type of advertising exposure except for racing sponsorships... No stupid commercials on TV, no billboards along the interstate not even an ad in the yellow pages. They can just give back some of the money they extort from us through racing :D

·
King of the pork sword!
506 Posts
SPEEDZILLA!!

All the shirt sales (plus our donations from viewers like you) could bring it alive......:woot:

Otherwise, IBM, EDS, major outsourcing companies in general, as they are global players. Partial sponsors could be Mult-nationals like stated above (telecom companies) plus petrochemicals (Petronas, IP, Shell) most of them are already some sort of player.

I'd expect more Euro companies in this, afterall what is racing motorcycles to the average American consumer?

·
Enormous Member
1,460 Posts
old timer said:
Tommy's Glass...:notworthy

Yea sure, I toss out 40 or 50 million dollars to get in tight with Ralf Waldman or Alex Barros. :woot:

not gonna do that again, nope not me, aint gonna do it. forget it. You do this kind of shit and you can't stop the damn phone calls,..

ring, ring...

"Hello, Tommys Glass can I help you"

crackle pop snap bzzzzzzzzz....

"Hello,?? is anyone there?"

"Uh yea this is Kenny,..ya know Kenny Roberts,...I was kinda wondering if you would like to have a bike built with your company name on it?"

long pause,....really long pause.....

still stalling...

" Uh..Kenny, ....I told you last week that we are still not interested. You need to quit calling."

click

so now I have a 5'6" pissed off Modesto-ite out to kick my ass, ...again:D

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
well, its a thought, except that the scary truth is that if they do leave, none of the companies you listed (except red bull) will have ANY interest in sponsoring any of the teams....get them running around in left circles banging up the bodywork and crashing into a pile every half a lap, and you might have a chance then.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Dezmo said:
Am I the only guy here who remembers when Schwantz/Suzuki was sponsored by pepsi?:D
Not only do I remeber that one. But I also remember the Budwieser sponsored Yamaha that Randy Mamola ran for one season. And the almost Levi sponsored Bimotas under Anthony Gobert, that's why he ran 501 that year. Anybody remember when Diesel Jeans sponsored the entire World Superbike series?

·
Registered
837 Posts
LDH said:
I say we ban attorneys & insurance companies from any type of advertising exposure except for racing sponsorships... No stupid commercials on TV, no billboards along the interstate not even an ad in the yellow pages. They can just give back some of the money they extort from us through racing :D
you know what? we (attorneys) were ban from advertising ourselves here in malaysia..maybe it should be practice in d states as well:clapper

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In an effort to further challenge himself, Valentino Rossi has announced the formation of his own Moto GP team for 2006. Rossi will be riding a Yamaha supplied YZR-V2, combined with sponsorship from the motorcycle websight, SPEEDZILLA. Tires will be supplied by a third party manufacturer.

"Ahhh, yes...Eef I can ween dee championsheep weeth a Yamaca V-Tween, on Maxxees tires, and $203.27 a month from Speedzeela websight, eet weel prove once and for all, I am dee greatest ever motocycle rydeer."

It's also rumored Rossi is in talks with the auto manufacturer, Kia, for a ride in the 2007 Formula 1 series.

·
Registered
837 Posts
how about

Kenny Roberts/Foggy Petronas..seems like foggy/kenny roberts alone is going nowhere...

riders??.. i can be one..i think i can finish last like the other rider..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts