Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, recently had a run in w/ a car and now have a nicely dented tank. I had just recently moved to Los Angeles area and am wondering if there is a good place for tank dent removal. thanks all

Jason

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have never needed to have a tank fixed personaly, but I can ask around. I'll see if I can find someone with first hand experience with a shop.

What part of LA are you in?

Ben

·
Registered
83 Posts
If the car ran into you, have his insurance buy you a new tank. If you ran into the car... you can get tanks cheaper on eBay than most any shop will charge to fix it. And, FWIW since this is LA, just about any shop will promise you the moon and you'll end up dissatisfied with the final product, when you finally get it. It's sorta like this :banghead

·
Registered
109 Posts
I high sided two weeks ago, and happen to be getting my lightly scratched tank back from the shop when I pick up my bike, since insurance replaced it. The only mark on it (no dent) is about a 3 inch long scratch on the left side right next to the honda logo. I will sell it at a very reasonable price. I am in So Cal so it will be easy to get it to you, and you can have it repainted. It is currently painted in the 2005 black.

Pm me if you are interested.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Ben I am in the Eagle rock area

06rc - Anaheim would not be too far for quality work, I found a place on the east coast that does it also, but hoping to do it locally

I have full coverage but am going to fix the bike myself for about 1/3 cost of the estimate.

Revtune- forgot to mention that it happened to my daily commuter, 02 kawi ex500 not my rc51, but thanks for the offer

thanks guys
Jason

1 - 7 of 7 Posts