Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into picking up an RC51. I found one for $8800 otd. It's an '03 with 9k miles. It already has yosh slip on's with a PC and brand new pilot sport tires. Does this sound like a good deal or am I getting hosed? Figured i'd run it by all the experts here before making my final decision.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Got mine a year ago 8K O.T.D. 500 miles MINT:D besides , you will want the sato cans:woot:

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
exploited24 said:
I found one for $8800 otd. It's an '03 with 9k miles.
Average retail on an 03 is $7800. W/ that mileage, I would say low 7Ks would be the right price. Something more like $7100-7500. Also, the exhaust and PC don't really have an effect on the price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to head down today and see if I can get them down. If not, there's always next season to shop around.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Get a phone book and get on the phone and call every dealer around your area and get them to quote you a good price over the phone. If they are not willing to do that I would not even go to the dealer.
I got my new '03 for $8500 OTD.

my :twocents

·
Registered
676 Posts
Got my SP-1 with 1400 miles, full akropovic, pcIIIr, Gilles rearsets, braided lines for $7k. Few blemishes but they're hard to see when I'm riding it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just bought a 02 with 2500 miles, corbin seat, M4 carbon exhausts, fender eliminator, PC, S!ity Nitro summer jacket, helmet, JRocket gloves, stock exhaust, 00-02 machanic's maintance manual, owners manual, tinted helmet shield,and a BALD TIRE! all for $6500.00 plus he helped me out on the taxes....dont let Uncle Sam here that!

Just FYI!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
wanna"B" said:
...plus he helped me out on the taxes....dont let Uncle Sam here that!
Yea, I bought my 2002 RC 2 years ago that was "damaged, as is" According to the bill of sale). I think I paid $2500 for it. Oh wait, it was $7K. No, wait, I mean $2500. ;)

·
Registered
186 Posts
exploited24 said:
I'm looking into picking up an RC51. I found one for $8800 otd. It's an '03 with 9k miles. It already has yosh slip on's with a PC and brand new pilot sport tires. Does this sound like a good deal or am I getting hosed? Figured i'd run it by all the experts here before making my final decision.
2003,clean,average miles,erion slip on's,pc3 usb dyno tuned,5 year extended warr...make a reasonable offer,may [email protected]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts