Speedzilla Forums banner

good chain lube

3K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  smiles 
#1 ·
yea, I know...search... I did and to no avail...

So, what are the good chain lubes out there??? Thanks Hell, what about the rest of the lubricants too, what does everyone recommend??

also...Is the 4000 mile oil change to early to go to a full synth??? I know in cars its suggested to run standard oil for at least 10k due to the fact that synth works so well it wont let the rings seat... thanks

#2 ·
Maxima chain wax, dosn't sling everywhere and dosn't turn your chain white.

As for the oil I wouldn't think it would hurt I ran full syn. from the second oil change. But don't hold me to that it's just my :twocents

#7 ·
I use ELF, penetrates and sticks, no skanky white chain look, smells exotic.
If the real truth were told, any modern chain lube will probably work fine as long as it is applied properly (hot chain, along side plates, excess wiped off) and the chain is adjusted correctly.

#12 ·
lbm00n said:
it's an AGE thing!

you don't have to make fun of CEH!!! :woot:
he said turns your chain white, not old and wrinkley............:D

where's CEH been anyways? Is he out racking another 35k on his bike, testing out another chain and sprocket set for us?

#19 ·
I was using Silkolene, then put a Pyramid rear hugger on and decided it looked better without the chainguard. Immediately noticed sling onto undertail. Read an old post from Mr.CE Howard about Maxima chain wax, been using it ever since. Also got the idea to purchase a Baxley Chock from Mr. Howard as well.

Thanks CEH.

:)

#21 ·
I use the Honda HP (blue spray can - teflon stuff I think). Makes a huge difference over WD40 (which is what I use to clean).

It does tend to fling everywhere - not as bad as some, but certainly worse than ChainWax. I was reading an article and basically they said if you are using the anodized aluminum rear sprocket you want a more "wet" lubricant than if you are running steel, to prevent wear. Just what I read....:twocents

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.