Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Reverse Bodylift of Death
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yea, I know...search... I did and to no avail...

So, what are the good chain lubes out there??? Thanks Hell, what about the rest of the lubricants too, what does everyone recommend??

also...Is the 4000 mile oil change to early to go to a full synth??? I know in cars its suggested to run standard oil for at least 10k due to the fact that synth works so well it wont let the rings seat... thanks

·
Tough Crowd Racing #162
1,775 Posts
Maxima chain wax, dosn't sling everywhere and dosn't turn your chain white.

As for the oil I wouldn't think it would hurt I ran full syn. from the second oil change. But don't hold me to that it's just my :twocents

·
Registered
983 Posts
Motul. Best stuff on the market. It's not as tidy as Chain Wax, but it does a better job getting in the nooks and crannies. You won't find many racers using Chain Wax.;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I assume picking a chain lube will be like figuring out which tires suite you best. Everybody uses something that suites them. I use Bel Ray Chain Lube and have for many years. It works well and has minimal fling.

·
RC51-less Member
6,675 Posts
eppy01f4i said:
Maxima chain wax, dosn't sling everywhere and dosn't turn your chain white.
oh.....right away with the racial stuff..........:woot:

·
Registered
382 Posts
I use ELF, penetrates and sticks, no skanky white chain look, smells exotic.
If the real truth were told, any modern chain lube will probably work fine as long as it is applied properly (hot chain, along side plates, excess wiped off) and the chain is adjusted correctly.

·
RC51-less Member
6,675 Posts
macchiato said:
Seriosly though that powderd chain look is terrible.:twocents
yeah...i agree. i use maxima. stays on, no fling, (very little) and doesn't change colors, even after riding int he rain.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Silkolene! Absolutely the best I have ever used. Apply to a clean warm chain, and it never flings anywhere. Goes on absolutely clear.

·
Tough Crowd Racing #167
1,374 Posts
you can try Motul wash and wax. Its for cleaning the fairing, windscreens, helmets and that kind of good stuff, but Todd found it works well on chains as well:woot:

·
Registered
16 Posts
yo Rig:

"oh.....right away with the racial stuff.........."

UR a dork. everyone knows it's not racial.

it's an AGE thing!

you don't have to make fun of CEH!!! :woot:

·
RC51-less Member
6,675 Posts
lbm00n said:
it's an AGE thing!

you don't have to make fun of CEH!!! :woot:
he said turns your chain white, not old and wrinkley............:D

where's CEH been anyways? Is he out racking another 35k on his bike, testing out another chain and sprocket set for us?

·
Registered
296 Posts
I was using Repsol chain lube, but it flings it up onto my Sato's. So I put on a chainguard (thanks Tai) and now I use Bellray(sp) lube, works good but I don't really like the white...

·
Registered
89 Posts
WD40 before and after every ride. I have been known to forget the after part from time to time.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I use the Bellray lube and they make a clear now so no more white crap and it doesn't fly all over the place. Best stuff on the market IMO.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was using Silkolene, then put a Pyramid rear hugger on and decided it looked better without the chainguard. Immediately noticed sling onto undertail. Read an old post from Mr.CE Howard about Maxima chain wax, been using it ever since. Also got the idea to purchase a Baxley Chock from Mr. Howard as well.

Thanks CEH.

:)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Maxima and Motul sprays. The best has been RK O-ring lube non-aersol. The RK does take a real investement in time to get on right.

Just about any kind of lube is going to be better than no lube.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts