Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's the saying go?
I didn't leave the Republican party. The Republican party left me.
A bit whacky these days, aren't they?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/12/opinion/sunday/friedman-we-need-a-second-party.html

"There's a reason for that: The party has let itself become the captive of conflicting ideological bases: anti-abortion advocates, anti-immigration activists, social conservatives worried about the sanctity of marriage, libertarians who want to shrink government and anti-tax advocates who want to drown government in a bathtub."

"Sorry, but you can't address the great challenges America faces today with that incoherent mix of hardened positions."

"But when all the Republican candidates last year said they would not accept a deal with Democrats that involved even $1 in tax increases in return for $10 in spending cuts, the GOP cut itself off from reality. It became a radical party, not a conservative one."

"Would somebody please restore our second party? The country is starved for a grown-up debate."

Grown-up indeed.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
If they continue to lose elections their agenda will change. Just don't vote for them.

But right now people hate Obama more than they hate Romney, so many people will hold their noses and vote for Mitt. Mitt will still lose, but not by enough for the Republicans to pull their head out of their collective asses and realize catering to Wall Street and Corporations will only continue the slog down a dead-end road.

Ironically bowing to the powers that control capital (Wall Street) has lead to more people priced out of a decent standard of living, while making Corporate profit above all has resulted in deserted factories and millions unemployed. Now surprise surprise those people screwed here by the corps cannot afford to buy the goods made overseas in sweatshops.

The real question comes when the US has their "Greece" moment. It will first be Greece, then Portugal, then Ireland, then Spain and Italy. next Japan blows up. Then the grim reaper of a bond market turns their skeletal head and stares straight at Uncle Sam. There is not enough excess money on Earth to bail out the US, and default by the US and rendering worthless the dollar would also implode the rest of the world. I wouldn't want to be President when/if that happens.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^
Gee, after reading that I think I'll just kill myself.:confused:

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Got a clean M1911 full-o-Black Talons if yer serious.........(please!) :rolleyes:

Semper Fi!

-Rocky-

·
Naturally Exasperated
4,019 Posts
Supreme court clears religion course
MONTREAL - A controversial ethics and religious course taught in Quebec schools is in line with the changing face of Canada and in no way violates a person’s right to freedom of religion, the country’s highest court ruled Friday.

It was a blow to the Catholic parents who had fought all the way to the Supreme Court to win an exemption from the course for their children because they felt that exposing them to a variety of religions would only confuse them

But the nine judges disagreed, saying that exposing children to beliefs and values that differ from their own is a fact of life in our diverse society.
“The suggestion that exposing children to a variety of religious facts in itself infringes their religious freedom or that of their parents amounts to a rejection of the multicultural reality of Canadian society and ignores the Quebec government’s obligations with regard to public education,” the ruling says.

“Given the diversity of present-day Quebec, the state can no longer promote a vision of society in public schools that is based on historically dominant religions.”

How great can your religion be if you're worried that other religions will confuse and/or steal your children? Batshit crazy.

:(

·
Registered
426 Posts
Supreme court clears religion course
How great can your religion be if you're worried that other religions will confuse and/or steal your children? Batshit crazy.

:(
The real question is why do schools need to teach religion at all, prior to high school elective courses or college. Religion should not be taught at all in public schools IMO. That is best left to what parents feel is necessary based on their beliefs and done out of the classroom. The batshit crazy part is that to make some pseudo point in the debate you actually don't come out and say religion does not belong in public education. I can at least respect conviction. I don't disrespect people only on their beliefs, but you just lost a little for your dumb ass comment.

·
Naturally Exasperated
4,019 Posts
The real question is why do schools need to teach religion at all, prior to high school elective courses or college. Religion should not be taught at all in public schools IMO. That is best left to what parents feel is necessary based on their beliefs and done out of the classroom.
Agreed.

The batshit crazy part is that to make some pseudo point in the debate you actually don't come out and say religion does not belong in public education. I can at least respect conviction. I don't disrespect people only on their beliefs, but you just lost a little for your dumb ass comment.
Doesnt sound like you're a Santorum fan... Probably as good thing.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Doesnt sound like you're a Santorum fan... Probably as good thing.
Santorum is a douchbag. He'll say anything now to get votes. If I had to vote for a republican candidate now it would be Ron Paul. Most of his ideas would never pass congress but at least he would hold the line on fiscal responsibility and maybe give some more autonomy back to the states to handle their own problems. Maybe knock the Fed down a couple notches too.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Santorum is obviously pandering and hoping for a miracle, while Romney has more or less been annointed as the candidate for November.

·
Naturally Exasperated
4,019 Posts
Ron Paul is the closest I can see to being an authentic 'Libertarian' Conservative. Whether he would open doors for the likes of a dangerous, frothy Santorum/Palin mix of moron politic... who knows but it wouldnt be pretty. The palins and the other douches think America was 'exceptional' to go into the middle east and arm people and cause, create and direct wars whilst destroying freedom, empowering and then befriending cruel, antidemocratic dictators.. For money, with god on their side.

When I think about what America did to Iran. Ron Paul would be against that kind of evil foreign intervention, illegal arms sales and democracy busting whilst chanting "democracy for all".
Could he really be effective against church, army and business cartels?
Who knows.

·
Naturally Exasperated
4,019 Posts
Santorum is obviously pandering and hoping for a miracle, while Romney has more or less been annointed as the candidate for November.
Santorum(Mr. Froth) is a pseudo holy scum bag.. I'd love to ask him if there's a difference between a Palestinian fetus and an American fetus... I'd get, yet another, stupid hypocritical, imbecilic answer.. the kind of answer that seems to suit his imbecilic followers...

OUR ABORTION WAS DIFFERENT: WHEN THE ANTI-CHOICE...
OUR ABORTION WAS DIFFERENT: WHEN THE ANTI-CHOICE CHOOSE

Rick Santorum, former Pennsylvania senator and likely presidential candidate, wants all abortions outlawed. He has even said that abortion providers should be “criminally charged.” Clearly, his compassion for zygotes, fetuses, and other squishy, jelly-like substances not fully alive is without question. When it comes to actual human beings, however, there is some doubt. He voted to cut every social and welfare program that came before him as senator, and not just those helping women and girls, but those helping the poor, immigrants, children in general, and, of course, education.

Mr. Santorum doesn’t hate all people, however. As a Republican, he loves rich people, white people, business people, and Christians. The real Americans, he calls them. There’s one other person he loves, too: his wife, Karen Santorum.

He loves her so much, in fact, that in 1997 when she became seriously ill during the 2nd trimester of her pregnancy, he didn’t want her to die.

In the 19th week of her pregnancy, Karen discovered during a routine exam that the fetus she was carrying had a fatal defect and was going to die inside of her. A long-shot surgery was performed that required cutting directly into the womb. It carried a high risk of infection and was performed not to save the fetus, but to reduce Karen’s complications while she attempted to go full term.

Two days later, she became severely feverish. She was rushed to the hospital and placed on intravenous antibiotics, which reduced her fever and bought her some time, but could not eliminate the source of infection: the fetus.

Karen was going to die if her pregnancy was not ended, if the fetus was not removed from her body. So, at 20 weeks, one month before what doctors consider ‘viability’, labor began as a result of the antibiotics and the infected fetus was delivered. It died shortly thereafter. Once the Santorums had agreed to the use of antibiotics, they believed they were committing to delivery of the fetus, which they knew would not survive outside the womb.

They named it Gabriel Michael Santorum.
Jesus must love hypocrites...

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
I don't want to make light of what no doubt was a very difficult time personally for his family. However, given that story you have to wonder how he could have presented that to the public in a way which illustrated how his personal experience related to the abortion debate.

Instead, he plays the religion card and issues statements which might shore up his base while alienating everyone else. Not wise, but predictable for a desperate candidate.

The Republican candidates are all so weak it is incredible. I could honestly see the party folding in the next decade. Such weak leadership.

·
Naturally Exasperated
4,019 Posts
I don't want to make light of what no doubt was a very difficult time personally for his family. However, given that story you have to wonder how he could have presented that to the public in a way which illustrated how his personal experience related to the abortion debate.

Instead, he plays the religion card and issues statements which might shore up his base while alienating everyone else. Not wise, but predictable for a desperate candidate.

The Republican candidates are all so weak it is incredible. I could honestly see the party folding in the next decade. Such weak leadership.
So, why dont you run? Seriously, you're needed!

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
So, why dont you run? Seriously, you're needed!
I would probably rather be the guy behind the curtain. Public office does not interest me at this time to be honest. I also would hate to beg money from people, most of whom I wouldn't even walk across the street to meet if I didn't need the cash. It just seems so slimy.

Besides, too many people might remember me from my college days!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Santorum(Mr. Froth) is a pseudo holy scum bag.. I'd love to ask him if there's a difference between a Palestinian fetus and an American fetus... I'd get, yet another, stupid hypocritical, imbecilic answer.. the kind of answer that seems to suit his imbecilic followers...

OUR ABORTION WAS DIFFERENT: WHEN THE ANTI-CHOICE...

Jesus must love hypocrites...
(Mr. Froth):D:D

Wow, that's a weird story. The things that go on inside people's heads we can only speculate on. Must be a creepy house to live in.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

bold
I wouldn't call the Pubs weak. I'd call the Dems weak. The Pubs are just kinda sick. They are so over-the-top dogmatic and hard core about their social issues that they remind me of the Taliban. And they just get worse and worse. Ever since Newt Gingrich was speaker and the Christian Coalition decided to get into politics the GOP has gone downhill. I blame them for 3/4 of the disfunction in Washington. They see Washington as a battleground, not the seat of governance. Add in FUX and Rush, etc., and it's quite a mix of hot-headed bullshit.

·
Naturally Exasperated
4,019 Posts
bold
I wouldn't call the Pubs weak. I'd call the Dems weak. The Pubs are just kinda sick. They are so over-the-top dogmatic and hard core about their social issues that they remind me of the Taliban. And they just get worse and worse. Ever since Newt Gingrich was speaker and the Christian Coalition decided to get into politics the GOP has gone downhill. I blame them for 3/4 of the disfunction in Washington. They see Washington as a battleground, not the seat of governance. Add in FUX and Rush, etc., and it's quite a mix of hot-headed bullshit.
Well said amigo.. ooops, sry, comrade.. doh.. I mean 'citizen'!

I think this religious, self righteous, blind and selfish hypocrisy is what disillusions so many who head to Washington. They're faced with towing the idiotic, moronic party line or else... leaving the party to morons and their failed world aspirations. Only those who crack the whip on these retards has a chance of saving their party.

They must appeal to the smartest of the smart of the electorate and thats why I think trouble is on the way... they've 'dumbed' the 'base' down to a point where absurdities pass as facts and history is there for the rewriting.
Today we see the right wing championing the blatantly stupid and patently wrong. It's now 'hip' to celebrate irresponsibility and profiteering in the name of disaster capitalism and a well armed, war mongering Jesus. Just as crazy as any warring religion ever to scourge this planet. :(

·
Naturally Exasperated
4,019 Posts

I hope the right gets right again.. If the christian coalition of the shilling wrecks America any further.. there may not be a chance for repair or recovery if they are allowed to spew the lies further and further into insane, middle eastern realms of hatred and intolerance.... especially with people who think they have a 'right' to wreck the system .. the 'republicans of today'...they will cut the baby in two...

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.