Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's finally come to this. They even admit to it.

Some twenty years ago the Christian Coalition started a campagn to put "good, Christians" in positions of power. They hand selected promising college youngsters, many of them highlly capable law students. I saw an insider training video of Ralph Reed describing the plan. Could this be the fruition of that plan? How many more attempts to subvert our system will there be?

CANOE -- CNEWS - Daily Feature: Gaveling for God: Christian lawyers seek judgeships

"Vowing to be God’s ambassadors on the bench, the four San Diego Superior Court candidates are backed by pastors, gun enthusiasts, and opponents of abortion and same-sex marriages.
“We believe our country is under assault and needs Christian values,” said Craig Candelore, a family law attorney who is one of the group’s candidates. “Unfortunately, God has called upon us to do this only with the judiciary.”

No, god's calling you a whack-job, Mr. Candelore.
"We believe our country is under assault and needs Islamic values." Ironic, isn't it?

·
Naturally Exasperated
4,019 Posts
James Madison
Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State.
Just thinking of Pat Robertson supplying sooo many of the NEoConners to the highest offices.... Sickening... The results proved that they are incompetent morons... Or, as they would say... It's Obama's fault...

W O R T H Y :notworthy

NOT WORTHY....:wtf

TeaBaggers would jail Jefferson and hail Robertson... It's so ridiculous... they dont even know the issues or the law... they know their hate and greed well though....:cool:

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know how many Pat Robertson provides but this place was a stated source according to the Christian Coalition:

Bob Jones University

Look at their mission statement:
"Strengthening each students belief in the truth's of gods word."

In other words, more indoctrination.:wtf

·
Registered
92 Posts
It's finally come to this. They even admit to it.
Some twenty years ago the Christian Coalition started a campagn to put "good, Christians" in positions of power. They hand selected promising college youngsters, many of them highlly capable law students. I saw an insider training video of Ralph Reed describing the plan. Could this be the fruition of that plan? How many more attempts to subvert our system will there be?
I don't know how many Pat Robertson provides but this place was a stated source according to the Christian Coalition:

Bob Jones University

Look at their mission statement:
"Strengthening each students belief in the truth's of gods word."

In other words, more indoctrination.:wtf
:rolleyes:
I'm just glad there have never been any "attempts to subvert the system" or "indoctrination" from any liberal, humanist, atheist, self-god, science-god, earth-god influences and agendas.

Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... Ha!!!!

·
Naturally Exasperated
4,019 Posts
I guess some people dont view religion and science as diametric opposites.... strange... not mutually exclusive? Whatever becomes of methodology in this unlikely union? It's turned into a prayer with equal weight as method, discovery and verification?

Desire is the new 'capability'... emotion is the new truth....
James Madison
Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God,
Maybe we should ostracize people who try to subvert mighty democracies with petty, greedy, hypocritical, religious bullshit...

pooo :eek:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I guess some people dont view religion and science as diametric opposites.... strange... not mutually exclusive? Whatever becomes of methodology in this unlikely union? It's turned into a prayer with equal weight as method, discovery and verification?

Desire is the new 'capability'... emotion is the new truth....

Maybe we should ostracize people who try to subvert mighty democracies with petty, greedy, hypocritical, religious bullshit...

pooo :eek:
And I guess some people still mistake "bulk" religion with actual spiritual, non-natural, intangible things. Science has more eternal 4th-graders than does religion... those who myopically think their experience and exposure is the pinnacle, yet having only rudimentary applicable knowledge. In religion, these go on to bible colleges to be indoctrinated and indoctrinate others. In science, these go on to universities to be indoctrinated and indoctrinate others. I have observed and experienced prominent and competent psychologists, geneticists, physicists, biologists, and mathematicians who are simply proselytes of their particular scientific discipline. The sciences are very much so comparable to religions.

What about methodologies for ALL non-biological issues related to cognition? With man as an autonomous "emerging" consciousness, what discovery, verification, capability, and truth is there? EVERYTHING is an abstraction... a construct of the acquisition and ascension of cognition.

There can be NO true universal standard of ethics, morality, or behavior in a biological "self-origins" as both means AND end. Pettiness, greed, hypocricy... all intangibles "created" by man. Only collective mutual assent and consent can even temporarily establish such parameters for a culture; and those will ultimately prove to be extremely variable.

Democracy and tyranny... Greed and benevolence... Right and wrong... Good and bad... There is NO scientific methodology to define ANY of them, and these are but a miniscule sampling of such non-empirical intangibles that MUST be measured.

What if greed and hypocrisy are a vital part of "survival of the fittest" for the human species? They would then be "right", not "wrong"... IF ethics were/could be prescribed by science. Science is filled with functional absurdities and deficiencies in all these areas.

Partisan observations/accusations are just a stab in the dark at the extremes of human nature itself. As with science and religion, most politicians are self-serving and manipulative.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Maybe we should ostracize people who try to subvert mighty democracies with petty, greedy, hypocritical, non-religious bullsh**, too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts