Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
He was still once awesone, I don't know what happened?
Drugs and alcohol fried his brain, it seems.

Cool video, from back when bikes slid around a bit on the track and a rider could high-side if he got too greedy. It was easier to tell the best riders from the rest before computers and traction control took over.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The fact that Gobert threw it all away for one or more addictions, just shows the power of addiction.

A sad, sad story. I wish him the best, but I'm afraid he's passed the point of no return regarding making something productive of his life.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Gobert, still one of the best ever. The ZX7, even now watching that video, it still gives off the meanest look for a bike pursuing you.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
I met a guy a few yrs back who used to race then wrench in the AMA, he actually showed me pictures taken with his phone of some of the RV parties he frequented with the top AMA dogs......some showing Gobert passed the fvck out on the floor. Normally, we laugh hearing stories like that but it's almost criminal that a man with so much natural ability like he had completely wasted his talent and life for his night life habits. The guy would race during the day, get drunk AND as high as a kite at night. What a waste.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Gobert's bike was all over the place! Edwards was (and still is) the epitome of smooth. Reminds me a little of Edwards vs. Bayliss at Imola, except the bucking Ducati was too much for Troy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts