Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if it's true or not.

It seem for the most part only us in NorCal likes looking for the most technical twisties that really aren't home for full on sportbikes or late alone cars.
I know alot of other states can't enjoy such roads..take Florida with all it straight toll roads..perfect for stunting but boredom sets in pretty fast for me when I lived in Orlando.
Had a chance to ride in SoCal with a few good Rc guys and they took me to mild-sweepers and fast sweepers..nothing close to what we would consider a goat trail..so this got me thinking.
Hmmmm..is it only a NorCal thing?? or does other parts of the states, union, or other country partake and enjoy such diverse technical condition at a spirited pace??
Things that make you go Hmmmmmmm:D

·
Registered
92 Posts
you gotta understand that a lot of the country doesn't have anything like that even available to them. I'd kill for some twisties , even if they weren't that technical. What you're describing sounds like the road to heaven. Most of our curves are on and off ramps.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
El_Toro said:
you gotta understand that a lot of the country doesn't have anything like that even available to them. I'd kill for some twisties , even if they weren't that technical. What you're describing sounds like the road to heaven. Most of our curves are on and off ramps.
You should make a visit. I'll take you thru some of the best Goat trails:rockon

·
Registered
66 Posts
3stripes said:
Just wondering if it's true or not.

It seem for the most part only us in NorCal likes looking for the most technical twisties that really aren't home for full on sportbikes or late alone cars.

Things that make you go Hmmmmmmm:D
Hmmmm. I just came back from a year living in CT. Very pretty roads, but where are the twisty bits? I was longing for Northern California. Or Mt. Palomar, or the canyons above Mailibu. Don't discount those Canyons, they can be as techical as you can get without doing a parking lot U turn.

Now no one be too jealous, but in about two weeks I am closing on a house on...Grizzly Peak Blvd in Berkeley.

aaron

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Racer666 said:
Now no one be too jealous, but in about two weeks I am closing on a house on...Grizzly Peak Blvd in Berkeley.

aaron
Ok..I'm jealous of the house..but the "wall":wacky ..purleasss:D

Pinehearst on the other hand is Kew:clapper :rockon

·
Registered
76 Posts
3stripes:

After making about 12 or 13 trips to the Gap, I thought I had ridden hairpins before.

And then I did the Alps Challenge tour. :rockon

The same thing went for goat trails. I used to ride some tight farming roads that were barely one lane wide, but they didn't have mountains on one side and 3000' drop-offs on the other side! And some of the tightest, narrowest roads that we went on in the Alps were also among the most bumpy! In some cases, you felt like you were going to be catapulted off of the bike.

We ventured down some paths that I didn't think were even roads until they opened up a bit. That's when I realized it was great to be working with a tour guide - I'd have never found some of those roads on the map!

Jeff.

·
Registered
66 Posts
First, it was the not the "Wall" but the road I was referring to. I am looking forward to being able to roll right out the house and into a few miles of great tarmac. Wall or no wall, but I know what you mean. Most of my riding is in Marin....

I have lived in NYC, San Francisco, Westport, London, Geneva (the one in Switzerland), Boulder, Manhattan Beach, and La Jolla. It took us about a year in CT to figure out that the suburbs didn't work for us. For our family, the Bay Area is one of the best places in the world to live and Berkeley has the diversity we want to expose our daughter to. Plus in Berkeley I actually seem middle of the road.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
RCFiftyWon said:
3stripes:

After making about 12 or 13 trips to the Gap, I thought I had ridden hairpins before.

And then I did the Alps Challenge tour. :rockon

The same thing went for goat trails. I used to ride some tight farming roads that were barely one lane wide, but they didn't have mountains on one side and 3000' drop-offs on the other side! And some of the tightest, narrowest roads that we went on in the Alps were also among the most bumpy! In some cases, you felt like you were going to be catapulted off of the bike.

We ventured down some paths that I didn't think were even roads until they opened up a bit. That's when I realized it was great to be working with a tour guide - I'd have never found some of those roads on the map!

Jeff.
Very Cool Jeff, have you post a report of that ride? Would love to read it:rockon

Tai

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Racer666 said:
First, it was the not the "Wall" but the road I was referring to. I am looking forward to being able to roll right out the house and into a few miles of great tarmac. Wall or no wall, but I know what you mean. Most of my riding is in Marin....

I have lived in NYC, San Francisco, Westport, London, Geneva (the one in Switzerland), Boulder, Manhattan Beach, and La Jolla. It took us about a year in CT to figure out that the suburbs didn't work for us. For our family, the Bay Area is one of the best places in the world to live and Berkeley has the diversity we want to expose our daughter to. Plus in Berkeley I actually seem middle of the road.
the Wall is cool, if not for all the three "C"....cars, cyclist, and cops:D

and that other part?? Well I got nothing but respect and jealousy for:rockon which I highly agree with.

The Bay Area is the BEST, bar none.:rockon

No offense to other parts of the country but I too have been around enough to love the Bay.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.