Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up an extra set of headers for a friend who needed them for his track RC bike. He decided he didn't want them since he's going to be deployed over to Irag for the next 6 0r so months. I decided to take them to a guy up the street from my office to have them heat coated. Anyways it's costing $135 and they will be nice and shiny after he coats them. It cost more but I went with silver for the bling factor. If anyone is interested I'm going to take some heat readings of the stock non coated headers after a 30 minute ride and do the same for the treated headers once I get them on. I will be testing the area near the shock. I'll let you guys know the results.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Getting a set of RC headers jet hot coated... (HanZcap)

Yeah, that's cool Hanz. Let us know how that goes.

What's the name of the place your taking them to?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Getting a set of RC headers jet hot coated... (Sbk_Drew)

I got this done on my headers - all the way to the mid-pipes. Pretty amazing stuff. I got the black coating as it supposedly has a higher heat tolerance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Getting a set of RC headers jet hot coated... (Wim_rc51)

Thats interesting. I have never seen a black ceramic coating. Cool.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Definitely keep me up to date. Great heat control and exhaust scavenging is increased. Try a dyno run before and after. Might see a couple of ponies. Buddy of mine put a set of long tubes (that were coated by HTC Coatings) on a 350 and the heat being emitted from the pipes was decreased dramatically.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've had ceramic coated headers on some of the Mustangs I have owned. It's good stuff. The coating keeps the pipes looking nice and keeps things cooler. Another benefit that no one mentioned, is that on the RC, having the header ceramic coated will keep more heat away from the rear shock.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm assuming that you probably shouldn't perform this on titanium exhausts (headers)?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went the header-wrap route. Not as pretty but that shit works. Noticeably less radiated heat.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Getting a set of RC headers jet hot coated... (eye-p)

If someone can teach me how to post pics on this site, I would happy to post pics of the bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Getting a set of RC headers jet hot coated... (Wim_rc51)

post the link from motorush

nice cans by the way

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.