G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Geez Kletus...how do you really feel?

<U>http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2005/May/e/n040501b.htm</U>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Geez Kletus...how do you really feel? (Chuckles)

Isn't that Kletus's normal riding style? What is he whineing about? I think KR JR and KU JR need to retire and stop blaming there bad riding on the bikes.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Geez Kletus...how do you really feel? (desmodork)

It must be horrible having to ride a less-than-perfect bike.

Kind of like, I don't know... every privateer out there? I'd bet his bike is still better than most of those guys' bikes!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's what I don't get, I watched him today (I went to the track) running behind 3 or 4 privateers who I know for a fact did not have half the bike he had.....WTF? I thought, why are you not going faster? I don't care how bad the bike is, on it's worst day it's still better than a privateers bike on it's best day.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (drsus)

Talking to a privateer I know who raced a 1000RR last year and is riding a GSXR this year, the 05 Gix is THAT much better than the Honda.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (weasel)

Even if the bike isn't perfect, You would think he would be happy to have a job. I'll be more than happy to come and help sort it out for him.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Geez Kletus...how do you really feel? (desmodork)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by desmodork »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Isn't that Kletus's normal riding style? What is he whineing about? I think KR JR and KU JR need to retire and stop blaming there bad riding on the bikes.....
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You think that Kenny Junior is a bad rider?

You are an Idiot. He did lead the GP this weekend in the worse conditions I have ever watched them race in.

Koitus is a whiney bitch Kenny Jr. is a past world champion on a second tier bike at the end of a long and painful career

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kenny jr. is way more professional than Kleetus. Painful career? It hasn't been to bad for KRJR. I think Kleetus has been broken up more than big bro, Kleetus just needs to STFU and ride.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kenny Jr is an amzing rider. To watch him ride when he happens to be in the front and there's an on board camera on the bike behind him it's a treat. He has perfect lines through the track everytime, and he has unreal cornerspeed, you can see that when you compare him to whoever he is chasing. He has been plagued by crappy machinery since he won the championship, and hecan't motivate himself unless he knows he has good equipment.

And I also think Kletus is an amzing rider, why he can't get that Honda going baffles me. I remember him testing the Proton for the first time and being faster than Aoki, not too shabby I think.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drsus »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> He has been plagued by crappy machinery since he won the championship,</TD></TR></TABLE>

and a guy called Rossi

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (Giannis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Giannis »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and a guy called Rossi
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Rossi took a crap machine - the M1 was a piece of crap compared to the RC211V - and MADE it into a world beater.........KRJR does not have one tenth the talent of Rossi.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (weasel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by weasel »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Talking to a privateer I know who raced a 1000RR last year and is riding a GSXR this year, the 05 Gix is THAT much better than the Honda.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ditto what weasel said.

Has anyone noticed the stock swingarms that American Honda is using this year? Unlike last year, the kit swingarm, linkage and shock came on the leased kit HRC bikes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wouldn't go as far to say the M1 is a crappy bike. Underpowered yes, but crappy no. It has won a few races without Rossi.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (SP8)

American Honda is way behind the curve! The sad thing is I read (Cycle World Race watch I think) that they new this was coming. I don't think the Suzuki riders are that much better than the other factory guys (this includes Mladin)but I do believe the GSXR is that much better than the rest of the factory bikes, look a WSBK. Corser is a great rider but was no better than average on sub-standard machinery before this year. What were those two years that Mladin was crying in his beer after every race becasue he was on an under powered machince? Kurtis, E. Boz, and the rest were faster and regularly challenged Mladin and almost always bet the other Suzuki guys in previous years. I would love to see the big three in superbike strap there bikes to a dyno and let them go through a tear down both mechaniclly and technologicly (read mapping/computer), but I am betting Suzuki would never let that happen.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kurtis was behind a privateer on a Honda to.....eventhough I also agree about the Zook being THAT good, Kurtis had the same machine Miguel and Jake ran WAY ahead of him.

My lame theory is that when a rider is that good, so good that factories go after them to put them on their machines, they are no longer able to ride fast on anything less than 90%. If you don't have confidence on your bike, you can be beat by just about anyone out there with just that much more faith in the equipment. Privateers have never ridden a factory bike, so their bikes inspire as much confidence as they have ever known.
I saw Kurtis stand his bike up in the middle of a few turns during the race...that only tells me he simply didn't trust the bike to go around that turn at all, but I seriouly doubt that bike would had gone down if he had gone through it.

Modified by drsus at 7:37 PM 5/2/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Miguel would never be so stupid as to bite the hand that feeds him. That's why he's still with Honda after so long (results don't hurt either). He's a corporate spokesman. he would say something like "it's an in house effort now and we have a lot of bugs to work out still". I can't see him saying this piece of crap sucks! I'm sure Kevin Erion will be thrilled to read Kletus's quotes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There's a line of riders a mile long that can finish 12th on an Erion Honda. After this weekend I think Kevin Erion is going to be looking at a few resumes.

Biting the hand that feeds you is a great way to get your walking papers handed to you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (hubert)

I generally like Kurtis but making comment like this is a piece of sh!t bike when you don't have sh!t for titles behind your name is just dumb. His last name will only grant him so much rope and I think he just found enough to hang himself.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Geez Kletus...how do you really feel? (Chuckles)

Take Mat Mladin and Dunlop. He was all over them when the tires were flying apart a couple years ago. Now that they seem to have solved that problem, he heaps praise on them every (winner's) interview. Guess who'll be getting the good stuff from Dunlop?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts