Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody just pick two teeth up i the rear and are they happy with it also does your tire rub with stock chain and how much better is a 15/41 if at all i figure its a brand new chain mys well use it any thoughts

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: gearing (memphis speed)

i have a 15/41 on the bike and i think it is the best. i am going to try a 42 this weekend.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I have a 15 tooth front and a 42 tooth rear with a stock chain and a 180/55 tire with no rubbage.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i had just two up in the rear with my 520 for about a year and just recently went to the 15 in front. it was a nice change i guess it depends on what track your on or what you like to do, but i dig the feeling in the low end. and no rubbage either, not even close.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just picked up a 15 t for $24 from sprocket center and it was the best $24 spent on my bike. Stock chain and rear sprocket with 180's. You'll like it, good pick up from 1st gear, less drag needed for a launch.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I have ran 16/40, 42, and 15/43. So far i love the 15/43. Lost top but coming out of the corners is a blast. But if you value fuel mi, go with the 42 on the rear. The tire will not rub.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: gearing (sherrc51)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sherrc51 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have ran 16/40, 42, and 15/43. So far i love the 15/43. Lost top but coming out of the corners is a blast. But if you value fuel mi, go with the 42 on the rear. The tire will not rub.</TD></TR></TABLE>When I want fuel mileage I just shift to sixth gear. I'm running 15/42 and that is still too tall for any twisty road in my area. I almost never use sixth and rarely even use fifth. Since I'm more concerned about accelleration and smooth starts I'm even considering 15/44 - the quicker I get around those slow-moving lumps of metal in front of me the better.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (memphis speed)

A lot of you guys sure seem to like getting two up the rear... I knew this board was going to hell for some reason...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (memphis speed)

15/42
With the geometry of the RC51, a light front end is not really an issue unless you go extreemely low with the gearing. I think I heard somewhere that if you're into stunting, something like 13/47 would be appropriate. But 15/42 or a little lower works great for street.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (LDH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LDH »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A lot of you guys sure seem to like getting two up the rear... I knew this board was going to hell for some reason...</TD></TR></TABLE>Don't knock it 'till you've tried it (but maybe you have).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts