Speedzilla Forums banner

gearing

2K views 6 replies 1 participant last post by  2005superhawky 
G
#1 ·
i have a 98 super hawk w/two brother pipes and a k&n air filter no other performance mods i want to regear it i would like to try to get more bottom end and mid range also im not to worried about top speed also try to keep same gas milage would 1 down in the front and 2 up in the rear work?

G
#4 ·
I thought this was a very good quesation. I would like to make similiar changes. I'm surprised not very many people had an opinion about these changes. Is there an agreement that the above answers are correct and will accomplish what was originally asked?

G
#6 ·
Re: gearing (cfmoroney)

Where are you getting your set up from for your Superhawk? I want to go -1 or -2 in the rear for more top end. I pretty much just want to leave the front alone. And where your do I get a chain that will fit? Change the factory one or get a new one?

#7 ·
hi this is my first time posting on here but i just wanted to let you know i have a 2005 superhawk and changed the gearing a week after i bought the bike off of the showroom floor, i went -1 on the front and am very happy with the increased low end grunt. I have swapped the original sprocket back on twice for road trips( only takes five minutes) to keep the revs down on the highway and to try and help the awfull fuel range.I also put on hindle pipes, k&n, rejetted the carbs, 6mm spacer on the rear shock, steal braided front brake lines, pazzo shorty levers and just this last weekend installed racetech fork springs and then had to raise the stanchions 10mm after setting sag to get the right chassis attitude again but absolutely love the new springs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.