Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The season opener for Gateway Supermoto kicks off this weekend in Springfield, IL. We are expecting a large turnout, so get there early! Signup 8am, Practice 9am, Heat Races 10:30am.

We are change the dirt on Saturday. What does everyone like to see? Whoops? Berms? Tabletops? 80' Triple (just a joke)

http://www.gatewaysupermoto.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
since no one bit, i'll suggest a figure 8 demolition style. i dug the table double to the small kicker before the berm that you made last time. i wish we had more run at a larger jump. but it was cool trying to settle the rear off that kicker into that right berm. i dug it. how about more of the same, just bigger? is there enough earth to move and earth to ride on? then again, if you made it all whooped out that would be cool. though even slower for me. i'm getting you this helmet for the DT250

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...=WDVW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (Nick Novice)

Right now the plan is whoops coming off the pavement followed by a jump. We're trying to get the right hand dirt turn pushed further into the infield another 30-40', which will create a natural jump. The finish line will be on dirt, but the start will remain on pavement.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Gateway Supermoto this weekend in Springfield, IL (chriscap)

As a newbie to supermoto, what class does my SV-650 go in? I've got some knobbies on it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Gateway Supermoto this weekend in Springfield, IL (2ndhandSV)

Longer dirt section sounds cool to me...big banks always work too...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2ndhandSV »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As a newbie to supermoto, what class does my SV-650 go in? I've got some knobbies on it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Open Class.

I have heard stories of a guy who raced supermoto decently on a Ducati Monster, even seen a picture (Hello, Giannis? Can you help me find that one?). Your SV idea is a few years too late to be considered original. But we wish you the best of luck. In fact, I'd be willing to refund the entry fee of anyone who can finish a main event on the lead lap riding a stock framed SV650 in the open class.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Gateway Supermoto this weekend in Springfield, IL (stlwalnut)

I wish I could be there, but I'm leaving friday night for colorado, gonna watch the pikes peak international hillclimb & do some white water rafting. But my bike will be there, piloted by my friend/pit crew/bike mechanic, Joe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2ndhandSV »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As a newbie to supermoto, what class does my SV-650 go in? I've got some knobbies on it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Open Money for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts