Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out and about with my Camera, it was qualifying for the BSB and here is the pole man on the full HRC, money no abject, Blade. Ryuichi Kiyonari…remember that name guys, I think Honda are grooming him (and the bike) for bigger things.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Future Honda star rider and bike. (Harvey T.)

And this is just outrageous. Australian Dean Thomas on a bike that needs no name.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Man, He looks like he could take a nap he's so relaxed on that thing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Remember who else used to ride the HM Plant bikes? Ole Neil hisself.

Wondered what kind of company would sponsor a BSB team.....HM Plant is the UK distributor for Hitachi earth moving equipment....how this advertising helps to sell earth moving equipment is one of life's great mysteries.

Guess it is no stranger than the one-time sponsor of a big-time AMA team....Bruce Transportation Group......who's business is providing school buses to rural counties in Vermont....go figure how an AMA deal helps them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Future Honda star rider and bike. (roadkill)

It's good to see Kiyonari doing well. He certainly under-achieved in MotoGP. Maybe Nicky should go to BSB for a while.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Future Honda star rider and bike. (999)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 999 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's good to see Kiyonari doing well. He certainly under-achieved in MotoGP. Maybe Nicky should go to BSB for a while.</TD></TR></TABLE>

no kidding ! hes just not doing that great for the repsol spot! hell colin did better then him when he was on the aprilia!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Harvey T. »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Out and about with my Camera...</TD></TR></TABLE>

So you took these pics?? If so, nice work!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Harvey T. »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think Honda are grooming him (and the bike) for bigger things.</TD></TR></TABLE>

A Japanese rider... on a premiere Honda team... in MotoGP maybe? You know they would love that. Heck, short of Okada and now Tamada, who else has there been?

Love the Kawi pic. That lean angle PLUS he is still trailing the brakes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

So why isn't the HM machine painted Hitachi green??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Future Honda star rider and bike. (Tripod-R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tripod-R »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">:

A Japanese rider... on a premiere Honda team... in MotoGP maybe? You know they would love that. Heck, short of Okada and now Tamada, who else has there been?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dajiro Kato............RIP.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I knew I forgot somebody. Nothing personal of course.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Future Honda star rider and bike. (Tripod-R)

Roadkill, I think it’s because the business owner is a bike race enthusiast. I know quite a few guys who put lots of money into the sport and their business interests are a little obscure, miles away from bikes.

999, Kiyonari was in GPs but I think he wasn’t ready, he's only 22. Watched him today, two dominating wins and to be honest his performance was machine like. His team mate Michael Rutter who leads the championship must be wondering what to do to beat him, he was that good. I think Kiyo could still win the championship.

Tripod R, yes I took the photos.

RC BS, that’s a good point and when the bike first appeared in this livery there was a few raised eyebrows.

Modified by Harvey T. at 1:46 AM 6/27/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Harvey, these are just killer pics...what kind of camera do you use? Lens? How close were you to the track?

And, yes, you are right.....the owner of HM Plant is a cycle nut and uses his company to pay for his toys....bright fella.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

He's come a long way. Two years ago at Assen he qualified next to last (22nd) on the Telefonica Honda. He was 3.9 seconds off the pole time and was out qualified by 3 Kawasakis, 2 Suzukis and one of the Proton smokers! Good for him!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Roadkill, I use a Canon EOS 20d but I’m not sure if it’s the same name in the US. My main lens is a 300mm 2.8 canon lens, used mainly with a 1.4 extender. (teleconverter)

Outside the full blown pro digital canon cameras, they cost a small fortune, the 20d is the only digital camera that I’ve ever seriously considered……I think it’s that good.

How close, about 50 yards or less. Yes I have a circuit pass, it’s my local circuit and I do some work for them.

You'll like this one then.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Future Honda star rider and bike. (999)

999, you’re right, in fact some faceless people on web sites were calling for him to be sacked last year, his performances were hot and cold.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Harvey T. »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Roadkill, I use a Canon EOS 20d but I’m not sure if it’s the same name in the US. My main lens is a 300mm 2.8 canon lens, used mainly with a 1.4 extender. (teleconverter)

Outside the full blown pro digital canon cameras, they cost a small fortune, the 20d is the only digital camera that I’ve ever seriously considered……I think it’s that good.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Same here, mate....mighty fine camera. Super value for the money, good choice.

http://www.luminous-landscape....shtml

I used to have a high-end Nikon but lost it due my own fault. Second time I have done that so now I am quite content with my new Fuji Finepix S5100 w/ both of the extra lens available (wide angle and telephoto). Only 4 megapixels but super sharp...did a lot of legwork before buying it.

Super camera you have there and a good sense of how to use it! Send us some more pics when you can.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts