Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
I've developed a begrudging respect for Pedrosa. Last year he rode hurt for a good portion of the season and this year he seems to be the only one able to take it to Lorenzo. Despite crashing heavily many times throughout his career he doesn't just ride around and collect points, but rather is willing to push over the edge in order to win.

And according to Greg White, his race face is worth at least a few tenths per lap.:rolleyes:

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
I've developed a begrudging respect for Pedrosa. Last year he rode hurt for a good portion of the season and this year he seems to be the only one able to take it to Lorenzo. Despite crashing heavily many times throughout his career he doesn't just ride around and collect points, but rather is willing to push over the edge in order to win.

And according to Greg White, his race face is worth at least a few tenths per lap.:rolleyes:
I agree. It was very clear in the previous race, that he was willing to push that bike to the very ragged edge, to try to win. He was riding the wheels off the bike today, when he fell. You have to respect his drive and willingness to push the envelope. So....yes, I feel a growing respect for the little Bot. I still get a kick out of stinky Puig crapping himself in pitlane though....

Stoner is someone I had tremendous respect for, previously, but lately, I'm not so sure about him. I get the feeling he's not giving it his 100+ % that he clearly used to give. I think the Ducati relationship has seriously soured, which really is a great shame.

Anyway, it's crystal clear that barring a major injury, Lolly has this thing wrapped up. The M1 is so clearly the top package right now. It's uncanny how stable the bike is, while also being so agile. I've never seen this before last year, when this started to become really evident.

You have to wonder if Suzuki would not be better off switching to the I4 package like Yamaha. They have strong expertise with this format, and it ties in with their street bikes, and the V4 has simply not worked for them at all. They must be considering it, surely?

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dude, I watched the race at Hooters, and then stayed for another hour afterwards, get a life...

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Agree on stoner, he used to be on the ragged edge ans it does seem like he is going through the motions. Also after reading the post race comments from pedrosa I am starting to think maybe he is finally growing up and becoming his own man.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The only thing better than seeing an all-American podium, is seeing the turd throw it away while leading. :rockon Unless you are four feet tall, I don't see how anyone can look up to him.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Most people I know do not bring nationality into their likes and dislikes. Most people I know like riders based on Heart and skill.
I have to agree. I'm no fan of Edwards nor was I of Hopkins when he was in the series. For whatever reason I always liked Vermuelen and Biaggi while they were in MotoGP.

Sort of ambivalent about Spies but I hope he does well. Really liked him spanking the field, even my favorite (Haga) in WSBK last year.

I appreciate Rossi's talent but love it when he gets beat. Maybe I will actually root for him on the Ducati.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
maybe Jorge will fall off... :D

Rossi knows this could indeed happen .;) Then the Championship is wide open once again . Problem is he got injured at the worst time , missing four races . Right now the one factor which makes a Jorge injury a real possibility is his own ambition to win EVERY race ; compared to just cruising for points . But the M1 is such a sweet handling bike that a serious toss doesn't seem in the cards .

·
This space for rent
1,478 Posts
Rossi knows this could indeed happen .;) Then the Championship is wide open once again . Problem is he got injured at the worst time , missing four races . Right now the one factor which makes a Jorge injury a real possibility is his own ambition to win EVERY race ; compared to just cruising for points . But the M1 is such a sweet handling bike that a serious toss doesn't seem in the cards .

The wins have been coming pretty easy for him, he makes it look so effortless to smoke the field this year. If you watch Lorenzo ride he is not making the mistakes he's made in the past, he is so smooth and carries great cornerspeed that it's tough for anybody right now to match him. Rossi tried and high sided himself into outerspace. Lorenzo seems to have the right mentality now to take him to a championship, if he can win a race he will but if there is too much risk going for the win then I think he will settle for 2nd or 3rd place or where ever he is in the race.

He just seems to have the field covered at this point, and if Rossi goes to Ducati I don't see him being able to beat Lorenzo because he couldn't beat him on identical equipment.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
^ I'm no VR leg-humper but me thinks you're judging him a little too harshly . Such a crash could happen to any rider at that level , and I don't see Horhay as having skills superior to Rossi which is what you're implying . I mean the guy has a bum shoulder and broken leg , and he finishes 4th and 3rd , c'mon ; granted on the best bike but still impressive . Let's see what happens when VR is well enough to put on some serious pressure . Regarding the Ducati , I bet VR likes seeing it perform better , thinking if Stoner can do that well on it , surely he himself can go for a Championship first year !

·
Registered
92 Posts
I can't wait to see Rossi move to Ducati (we all know it is going to happen) and develope the bike like he has with Yamaha, because the M1 is Rossi's bike. And I don't know what it is but Pedrosa reminds me way too much of a Keebler Elf for me to respect him, he should be baking delicious cookies not racing motorcycles.:wtf

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Jorge rides well from a position of strength. With Rossi's off-season shoulder injury he had a mental edge plus all of the same equipment advantages Rossi has over the field. The interesting thing will be next year or the year after when perhaps Jorge's bike is not as good as it is today. I would expect more of the highsiding antics from Lorenzo as he tries to compensate.

It might not happen until the bikes go back to 1000cc, but it will happen at some point. Right now I have to assume Lorenzo will be champ this year in a dominant fashion. So let's see in two years if he retains that dominance.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts