Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
The thread was good until I got to page 2 and "patience". This one is beyond bad taste, and none of the religious ones offend me at all. It truly is one of the most memorable and iconic pictures ever taken, for all that is evil with humans and suffering. Display this image today to a room of people and explain the backstory and you will have half of them weeping in two minutes, even nearly 20 years later.

The photgrapher (Kevin Carter) was so wracked with guilt over not helping the girl struggle to an aid station he killed himself soon after getting the Pulitzer prize. No one knows what happened to her after that day.

I am all for making fun of people that deserve it. This one just ruined it for me.

·
Dr. Carbon
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The thread was good until I got to page 2 and "patience". This one is beyond bad taste, and none of the religious ones offend me at all. It truly is one of the most memorable and iconic pictures ever taken, for all that is evil with humans and suffering. Display this image today to a room of people and explain the backstory and you will have half of them weeping in two minutes, even nearly 20 years later.

The photgrapher (Kevin Carter) was so wracked with guilt over not helping the girl struggle to an aid station he killed himself soon after getting the Pulitzer prize. No one knows what happened to her after that day.

I am all for making fun of people that deserve it. This one just ruined it for me.
ouch... ya I only skimmed the first page just saw what you mean.

·
Meatball's Dad
2,752 Posts

1 - 20 of 27 Posts