Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 900sp with the full floating cast iron front rotors and need help finding the stock circlips that hold the buttons on. Also what is the tab of glue the factory used to hold the circlips in place? Thanks!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Full floating rotor help (1996900sp)

I rebuilt mine with Spiegler iron rotors since the Brembo iron discs crack. The drop of glue on the clip is Devcon Plastic Welder. It is a two part epoxy that is rated at 3500 lbs. and works the way epoxy always should have. Don't know on the clips for a source, but you could try TAW in Colorado. They are the Brembo distributor in the states. Just type TAW Brembo into google and it should come up.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Full floating rotor help (Phil 998)

Thanks Phil 998!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Full floating rotor help (1996900sp)

You're welcome. BTW, Plastic Welder can be found at any autoparts store in the sealant section and usually in larger harware stores.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Full floating rotor help (Phil 998)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Phil 998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't know on the clips for a source, but you could try TAW in Colorado. They are the Brembo distributor in the states. Just type TAW Brembo into google and it should come up.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually, Brembo NA in LA area is the US distributor and TAW is one of their dealers, as well as Yoyodyne, Brake TEch, LP, and a lot of others...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bmw r1100 series full floating discs are very much the same. you can buy all the bits seperately from a bmw dealer.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Full floating rotor help (chris_k)

Chris is right, I was thinking of Marchesini, sorry. Fred at Yoyodyne probably has the clips now that Chris mentions it. Why didn't I remember Yoyo?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts