Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
argggh, so i sold the Erion 2-1 full i had before, and am putting on a Mori high mount system. i have the stock headers, but the bolts on the band flanges (the things that tighten around the joints) are so friggin tight that they couldn't be taken off - i had to cut the flanges. why is this??

so that wouldn't be so bad, if honda didn't want freakin $20 EACH for a new one. 3 of those, then throw in new gaskets and bolts, my total for new parts comes out to $110. wtf!!!???

i managed to locate 2 of those flanges, but i'll still need bolts & gaskets. sigh. it wouldnt be such a problem if i wasnt a broke ass college student with a hobby thats way too expensive for my income level. but RIDING IS SOO MUCH FUN GRRRRRRR

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: full exhaust -> slipon and freakin expensive ass honda stock parts. (jl)

I think I have one or two spare gaskets you can have for free. PM me.

Yeah, those clamps were stuck on my bike too, too much heating and cooling I guess.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: full exhaust -> slipon and freakin expensive ass honda stock parts. (jl)

in 5 years of working on RC51's I cannot think of one single time I had to cut off an exhaust clamp... With a little patience, a long breaker bar & some LPS penetrating spray they always came off quite easily. I am willing to bet you lacked all 3 LOL

On the positive side I bet I have at least 2 of those clamps complete with bolts just laying around.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: full exhaust -> slipon and freakin expensive ass honda stock parts. (LDH)

Next time just cut the bolt. This is if you aren't patient, I know I wasn't. Then let the clamp soak in a cup of penetrating oil. After that you can persuade the stub of the bolt out, and replace only the bolt.

Or you can be patient, and work it off gently.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LDH

yeah, you pretty much hit it on the spot - i lack all 3. haha. penetrating spray... didn't know that even existed (i'm competant at using my hands but im no mechanic and dont have much experience)

well i managed to get a hold of 2 of those clamps and have parts on order from Honda already.. just decided to bite the bullet. i need to get this exhaust installed by the weekend to take it back to school. so thx anyways LDH.

RC Ray: sent you a PM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.