Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike (2001 996) has run great ever since the day I bought it.
The last time I rode it was a week ago, and like always everything was fine. Then today, I turn the key on, and the fuel pump turns on but won't shut off. It's always primed itself for about 2-3 seconds and then shut off. The bike won't start either.:banghead
Anybody have any ideas before I drain the tank and really get into it?

·
Registered
198 Posts
hi sounds like a split fuel line in the tank or the line came off of the filter or pump, look inside gas cap with lit match:eek: NOTE!!!(do not try this at home this should only be done by a professional on a closed road)!!!!!! and see if you can spot problem,

·
Registered
91 Posts
Chech the relays under the seat. There are 2 of them, swap them and see if it still dose it. if your still getting the same problem then check inside your fuel tank.
Here is a schmatic I made. it's for the racing wire loom's I make, but it will help you for your problem. sorry if it's to small
Good luck

·
Registered
831 Posts
Yep, it's probably your relays, or the wires going to them. I had the same problem a few years ago after I accidentally grounded one of the wires going into one of the relays.

·
Registered
198 Posts
if it is the relays how come the pump turns on and stays on but the bike will not start? it sounds like no fuel pressure?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Relays seem fine. I drained the tank, removed the fuel pump and checked all the hoses and fittings. Everything seems ok.:banghead
I'll check the filter and pressure in the hoses next. I need to get more tools........

·
Registered
91 Posts
Also if you have a bad conection or no conection to one of your injector you will get the same problem.:twocents

I think you have an eletrical issue, with a good schmatic, a multimeter, and some quality time to read the wires you'll find the problem.

·
Registered
47 Posts
http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10839

dont know if you've figured it out. if not ive been dealing with a similar problem.

you probably dont need to even get in the tank, if you do change the fuel filter.

i would switch the two relays under the seat and see if they symptom repeats its self. if it does your relays are good (unless you test them and it says otherwise).

from there just check EVERYTHING.

·
Registered
91 Posts
ashumo said:
Mike996 you have a bigger drawing?
I've tried to make the drawing bigger but yet to have any luck. I've posted it on the old speedzilla's board, I ended up e-mailing it to the guy the needed it. If you want I can send it to you, maybe you have better luck than my posting it bigger.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts