Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Just because your fuel level sensor / fuel light worked the last time you rode, doesn't mean it's working now.

2. If you have a downhill section to look forward to, pushing your 748 up a hill really isn't so bad.

3. If he can't push your bike the last 50 feet without getting winded, it's a sure sign your brother needs to get back in the gym.

You get the picture ......... where do I start troubleshooting if my fuel light didn't work? ('01 748)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
disconnect the tank. the two smaller wires (3 & 4?) are the light wires. short them - light comes on - sender. light doesn't come on - wiring/globe.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: (brad black)

Thanks Brad.

When you say 'globe', I assume you mean the light bulb itself?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you want to check just the bulb. Take off your upper fairing. Swap out your low fuel light bulb with one that you know works (i.e. blue highbeam, green turnsignals). The bulbs come out easily from the back of the cluster. My highbeam bulb went out at around 14k but I leave them on most of the time so it is constantly running.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Fuel light - Lessons learned (JamesP)

You might want to look at getting something like this. Or any decent bike computer. I don't know how you older ducati guys live without a trip meter. I hardly ever pay attention to the fuel light, once the trip gets to 80-100 miles I know I only have about a gallon left. With that being said I did run out of gas on my s4. It was right after I got it and I was use to the 620's mileage. Was late for work and thought I could make it. Got on the exit ramp for work and the bike started losing power. Lucky only had to push it 2 to 3 hundred yards. And a motoryclist did stop to see if I had any problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts