Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Hey Brett,

That's some VERY Beautiful hand crafted work there mang., between these and
Your "Snorkles" both gen 1 and gen 2,.. Plus your "Big AirBoxes", what can you say but>>>----->:clapper :rockon :clapper :clapper
Question for YOU Brett.... Have You thought about making any\a few Dummy Fuel Cells too? hint, hint hint. ;)

IF Any one needs a Right side Radi. Scoop... "I" need a left side Scoop.. maybe we could split a set!

Let me know please,

Peace Jeff

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jeff , can make you left side scoop if you want.
If anyone is also looking for a L or R scoops to make up a pair ,let's know and I can make one to order

Fuel cell,Hmmmmm,
I once expolored the idea of cutting the OEM fuel tank off just forward of the filler cap and welding a panel on the front thus retaining the the rear section and fuel pump.
Trade off would be reduced fuel volume to around 10lts, good for track work but not so great for road touring.
Then fitting a dummy OEM replica Carbon Fiber Tank shell over the smaller fuel tank.
Advantage would be increasing the Performance Airbox volume by around another 8lts and weight saving up top of a few more kilo's.

Never really got past the idea stage but would be interested to hear if anybody has done something like this or someone might like to pick up the idea and run with it.

Cheers , Brett

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Jeff , can make you left side scoop if you want.
If anyone is also looking for a L or R scoops to make up a pair ,let's know and I can make one to order

Fuel cell,Hmmmmm,
I once expolored the idea of cutting the OEM fuel tank off just forward of the filler cap and welding a panel on the front thus retaining the the rear section and fuel pump.
Trade off would be reduced fuel volume to around 10lts, good for track work but not so great for road touring.
Then fitting a dummy OEM replica Carbon Fiber Tank shell over the smaller fuel tank.
Advantage would be increasing the Performance Airbox volume by around another 8lts and weight saving up top of a few more kilo's.

Never really got past the idea stage but would be interested to hear if anybody has done something like this or someone might like to pick up the idea and run with it.

Cheers , Brett
there was a european guy who fabbed a aluminum underseat track tank that fit under the seat and into the sub and then you can make a dummy tank and save oddles of weight. the need for losing a few pounds of fuel and losing that mileage seems not plausable and for the cost one coud buy a fuelcel:twocents

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
there was a european guy who fabbed a aluminum underseat track tank that fit under the seat and into the sub and then you can make a dummy tank and save oddles of weight. the need for losing a few pounds of fuel and losing that mileage seems not plausable and for the cost one coud buy a fuelcel:twocents

Hey Mark,

I remember this guy BUT I don't remember him being from Europe...? Also, I do remember his Alum. fuel cell came out pretty damn good too!

WOW!: I'm kinda surprised by Yours and Bretts reply...:confused: :wtf
Don't you guys ever check out Thorsten's stuff, on His web-site for the RC51!...?:rtfm HAhahahahaha:p

Anyhow, FWIW and or FYI....> He "Thorsten",
ditches the Sub Frame completely because He's made this Kick ASS
"Combo-Micro CarbonFiber Fuel Cell, Seat, Micro Sub-frame" thingie.
Then he's made the
"Carbon Fiber Dumby Fuel Cell" of which he goes on and decribes How he actually made it LOWER too, then what a normal Fuel Cell would sit.
Which now in turn, makes his RC51 NOT Only awhole bunch Lighter, but Now his RC51 Smaller too!

Ofcourse this set-up is for a Track RC51, as the fuel cell is Way too small, for a street ride.;)

Awesome Brett! Thank You for the offer Bro.,...
Yes Please, PM me my Price, for a "Left side SP2 scooper-Duper".. Please! ;) OH Yeah, 1 last thing, I am in NO Rush at all, since Winter time is starting to roll in here...

Peace Jeff

PS. Side shot of Thorsten's RC51 with Fuel Cell Seat-SubFrame assy.!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.