Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling my 2001 Honda RC51 with 4230 miles on the dash, but more realistically it's probably about 3750 because of the rear sprocket change. I don't have to sell it but I'm looking to get a R1 with the Cross-plane motor and the extra cash would make this happen faster. The bike is super clean and looks like it just came off the showroom floor. Only flaw on the bike is a small crack in the tail section which the past owner told me he did when removing the seat, it has not grown since I've had the bike. I have all stock parts except the factory rear hugger. The bike has had 3 owners; the original installed all the mods and the bike basically sat inside as a collection piece, the second owner bought the bike at the estate sale of the original owner but was scared of it and didn't ride it much either, I purchased the bike last year with 2011 miles, with all new fluids and Michelin Pilot Power 2CTs. On to the mods:

ASV gold adjustable levers
Yoshimura FULL RS-3
Exhaust with Carbon Silencers
Harris gold fully adjustable Rear sets
Sargent upgraded seat, much better than the factory unit
Heli riser bars, more comfortable than factory for longer rides
Zero Gravity smoked bubble wind screen
42 tooth rear sprocket, makes the bike much more streetable, red chain installed at same time, approximately 1500 miles ago
PowerCommander 3 with custom dyno tune
Carbon Fiber Front Fender
Carbon Fiber Rear Hugger
Tailchop kit with integrated turn signals
Flush mount front turn signals

Extras:
Factory Service Manual
All Factory Parts to replace all mods minus the rear hugger
SP2 Header, this lets you run any exhaust ever made for the RC51 either SP1 (2000-2001) or SP2(2002-2006)
Rear passenger seat still in plastic

Title in hand. NO Trades unless you have a 09-11 R1 you're looking to get out of. Emails asking if it is still available will be ignored, if the ad is here its for sale, no test rides without cash in my hand.

$5500

Higher Quality Pics:
RC51 pictures by SKVR6GTI - Photobucket

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Flame on. I'm looking for something newer and the R1 does it for me. If I had 10k to throw down as a down payment I'd be ordering a new Panigale. This will probably be sitting in a dealer showroom in the next two weeks. No interest and I'm impatient.:(

·
tough as sardines
196 Posts
Coming from a former 07 R1 owner you won't be disappointed. The 09+ are the shiz especially with any kind of aftermarket slipon or system. The power is addictive and riding position slightly more agreeable than the RC imo. You will need a high resistance from your nuts burning up though, that underseat exhaust runs hot! Ditching the stock cat for an aftermarket midpipe works wonders.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I have ridden all the current liter bikes and the r1 just does it for me. I'm not looking to brag that I have the most power at the wheel. And most guys that are worried about such things can't really ride their bikes to the limit. Exhaust would be done without question in the first couple days. They do get hot with the factory cat but I didn't think it was ever hotter than sitting on the 51 in summer or the Buell I used to have when I rode a friends. I've also started eyeing a RC8 at a local dealer but have nevere ridden one, it looks incredible sitting still though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.