Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale: Homemade Ducati clutch hub holding tool. These things run $75 or higher retail, so I made my own out of some used clutch discs.

I have two for sale. The first was my first attempt, and is made with 2 discs for $15 plus shipping.

The second is made using three plates, and came out better. If these sell, I'll make some more, and I'm sure I'll get better as I go. This one is $25. And yes, you can use either tool by yourself. I specifically made the handles long enough to rest either under or over the foot pegs to keep it in place while either tightening or loosening the hub nut.

Both of these will fit any modern ducati clutch. If it doesn't, send it back.

Keep in mind.... These are home made, and look like it. Don't expect to get some pretty anodized or billet parts here. These are Mig Welded steel parts. They have been tested, and will stand up to the torque needed to tighten and loosen the hub nuts. If they break due to normal use I'll either replace or repair them. This is the ultimate function over form. I will clean them up a bit with a grinder if you want so you can paint them. (But who cares, its a tool!)

If you are installing a slipper clutch, or replacing your clutch basket, you'll need this tool.

Shipping will be $7 within the US. I take paypal or money orders. If you need a similar tool made for a different clutch, send me the plates and I'll put it together for cheap. Just send me a message.
Thanks!
George

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My two tools have been sold. I will be making a couple more, and will post a note when they're ready.

By the way, if anyone is throwing away used clutch discs, I'll take them!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will take one when they are done.. Shoot me A IM dc

·
Registered
320 Posts
WOW!!! This is an OLD POST! From 2005.

I'm not making these any longer. I still have some materials to make these, but my access to a welder is gone. If I get really ambitious, I may try to make some by just bolting the plates together, but don't count on it. I've go a new baby, and no time.

Sorry everyone, I really wanted to do these but it never really materialized.
George

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just made one for myself when I needed to do a complete clutch assembly change (got a STM slipper :rockon). Wasn't hard at all to make if you hava a welder and it worked great. Like George said they aren't pretty but function as they should.

Aloha!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts