Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
That's a very nice/clean looking bike, and good luck with the sale, but, just for the sake of comparison.....ads like this are not overly hard to find:

2008 Ducati 1098 Superbike

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
That's a very nice/clean looking bike, and good luck with the sale, but, just for the sake of comparison.....ads like this are not overly hard to find:

2008 Ducati 1098 Superbike
Maybe not apples and oranges, more like oranges and tangerines. But a standard 1098 and 749R will be two different buyers and it is hard to compare on price.

The 749R is a rare limited production bike with the best Ducati could put on it and still sell for $23k (IIRC). Ducati made and sold as many 1098 as they could, and looking at the bike the cost-cutting things are obvious compared to even a standard 749.

This is not to talk down a 1098, it is probably faster. But it is not a 749R.

BTW, I've linked to this ad on a couple of other websites in case a wider audience might want to buy it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Key word ..........R Wish I had some extra loot around to pick up a second bike because yours would be the one . A friend of mine had the 06 dark 749 , then sold it and had a chance to pick up a 05 999R . I still love the 759 for the road and well yours is just a sxy red Italian R ....very nice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts