1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need this thing gone!

$400 and its all yours.
(you pay shipping)

Has about 11.5k miles on it. Its crated up and ready to go. For an additional $50 I will add the throttle bodies another $100 I will give you a full harness and ECU.

Now before you PM me asking for shipping quotes, keep this in mind, the engine weighs about 160lbs and crated up its close to 200lbs. I will be shipping the cheapest way possible for you which will be either UPS freight or FEDEX freight or another carrier.

If you want this thing, be prepared to pay upwards of $250 (east coast example) to get it. Midwest should be less and west even less than that. So if your just a tire kicker please don't PM me. If you are serious and just want the engine, budget @ least $650 shipped to you

Attachments

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts
Evad,

I am diggin' the crate job, good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Evad,

I am diggin' the crate job, good luck with the sale!
Thanks. It actually turned out pretty good once the cover is on it. Solid, engine doesn't move around. Only cost me about $40 in materials to build since I already had the screws. ( no nails holding it together)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was there a story behind this motor?
For those interested here is the story of this motor:

I got the motor along with a the bike I bought in Oct 2011 from a local gentlemen in his 60's. The motor was the 2nd motor in his bike since his first was damaged when he was hit by a car. He bought this motor used with about 11k miles on it. He installed it ran it for 2 track days with no issue. Motor ran strong. The next track day he did, it started jumping out of 3rd gear so he bought another motor.

He then took this motor apart and put his transmission from the original engine with cracked side case in it since there was nothing wrong with that transmission. From there it has just sat in his garage waiting to be installed. The man kept a detailed log of everything he did to his bike including this engine. Apart from being a little dirty, there are no visible signs of any damage. Both case covers on both sides are in great shape with no cracks or scratches. All mounting points are in perfect working order.

Hope this helps! :D

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you still got the engine? very interested!

Sorry, sold it.

I do have an engine in pieces that needs the bottom engine case. In reality though you would want a set of matched upper/lower cases. I have the rest form heads, crank, pistons, transmission, throttle bodies, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.